SR22 Won't Restart

Tomatl

Hi Guys,

I've got a persistent problem in that the SR22 won't ever restart once the engine has stopped. No combination of fuel, spark, and air will get the engine to catch again once it's been stopped.

Is there an easy fix for this? Other forums indicate that this problem may have something to do with battery levels, but I don't see a correlation here I believe.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tom

I have this option set. Sim starts with engine running but after some time it just stops and I cannot restart it no matter what I do.

No idea what kind of failure sim is trying to simulate. Restarting sim every time engine stops is just not right. X-plane also  hangs one every second or third starts so it is not fun.

13 hours ago, x-cirrus said:

I have this option set. Sim starts with engine running but after some time it just stops and I cannot restart it no matter what I do.

No idea what kind of failure sim is trying to simulate. Restarting sim every time engine stops is just not right. X-plane also  hangs one every second or third starts so it is not fun.

Something seems to be messed up with the install. Can you delete the files inside the X-Plane 11/Output/SR22 folder? This will reset the engine and physics model to new.

This is most likely due to a combination of two things:

• Flooding the engine. Prime the engine only for ~2 seconds. Anything >3 seconds can start flooding the engine which makes the starts very difficult
  • Use less throttle. The throttle needs 1/4" of throttle on the real plane. Most X-Plane throttles have much, much less travel than the real aircraft's throttle. This might mean you need to use 1/8" or less of throttle to accurately depict the throttle setting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/28/2020 at 10:52 AM, Coop said:

This is most likely due to a combination of two things:

• Flooding the engine. Prime the engine only for ~2 seconds. Anything >3 seconds can start flooding the engine which makes the starts very difficult
  • Use less throttle. The throttle needs 1/4" of throttle on the real plane. Most X-Plane throttles have much, much less travel than the real aircraft's throttle. This might mean you need to use 1/8" or less of throttle to accurately depict the throttle setting.

I am beyond frustrated - I have over 1,500 hours in the real thing and know how to start the Cirrus SR22T/TN and how to handle a flooded or hot engine. But I can't get this to work. If I start with engines running, it stops as soon as I add throttle. If I start with the engine off and follow the procedure, it does not start at all whatever I try. 

BTW, in the real thing, the throttle setting is not critical for the start - if it is slightly too open, it just means excess RPM when it fires. Similarly, 2 versus 3 seconds for prime isn't going to make much difference. Flooding most often occurs during a hot start after excessive cranking - the usual technique is mixture off, full throttle until it fires, then pull back throttle and add mixture.

10 hours ago, robertyj said:

If I start with engines running, it stops as soon as I add throttle. If I start with the engine off and follow the procedure, it does not start at all whatever I try. 

This sounds like something is conflicting with your hardware setup or something regarding maintenance as that is not a known issue. Starting with engines running shouldn't lead to an immediate shutdown. 

In the SR22 maintenance manager, I would recommend running the various engine maintenance procedures (Report files are printed to X-Plane/Output/SR22 with details on what maintenance was performed).

If you have a hardware setup, please make sure that you don't have any throttle axis assigned to "Prop" as that could be causing conflicts between the SR22's unified throttle/prop lever.

• 5 months later...

Hello @Coop. I am experiencing engine issues as well on the Torquesim SR22. 

• Engine will not start
  • When set to "engine running" no matter the throttle input engine idles at 200 rpm which slowly winds down to 10 to zero. 
  • Manifold pressure is zero. 
  • Mixture is full rich. 
  • I cannot access the menu that is supposed to appear when you "hover" you mouse, therefore the maintenance is unreachable.
  • Re-installed, restarted, to no avail. 
  • Confirmed throttle lever is moving in the plane. 

I have verified that other planes work in X-Plane and I'm not experiencing some strange zero manifold pressure event throughout X-plane. It's 

Advice?

10 hours ago, lbene said:

Hello @Coop. I am experiencing engine issues as well on the Torquesim SR22. 

• Engine will not start
  • When set to "engine running" no matter the throttle input engine idles at 200 rpm which slowly winds down to 10 to zero. 
  • Manifold pressure is zero. 
  • Mixture is full rich. 
  • I cannot access the menu that is supposed to appear when you "hover" you mouse, therefore the maintenance is unreachable.
  • Re-installed, restarted, to no avail. 
  • Confirmed throttle lever is moving in the plane. 

I have verified that other planes work in X-Plane and I'm not experiencing some strange zero manifold pressure event throughout X-plane. It's 

Advice?

Can you send your log.txt? 

• 4 weeks later...

Just purchased the 1.2.1 build and installed. Engines will not start either using the xplane start engines running or following the checklist for starting the aircraft. I worked my way through this thread did all the things everyone else did and nothing happens the starter cranks till battery is dead

However I load up your Mooney's and no issue at all starts right off the bat. Every other aircraft works fine but this one. What do you need me to try or what do you want from me

-- RESOLVED -- deleted the install and re-installed and followed same procedure to start and its now working 

Edited by azpilot61

• 2 years later...

I've got an alarm stuck on my torquesim cirrus after a crash on a hard landing, could be an ELT or other alarm activating on the crash. Is there a way to 'factory reset' the aircraft back? I understand the idea of having continuity but its a bit confusing it doesn't reset.

Edited by jchance

5 hours ago, jchance said:

I've got an alarm stuck on my torquesim cirrus after a crash on a hard landing, could be an ELT or other alarm activating on the crash. Is there a way to 'factory reset' the aircraft back? I understand the idea of having continuity but its a bit confusing it doesn't reset.

There is an ELT located in the pilot's footwell near the breaker panel. The switch is located next to the flashing red light.