Couple of oddities after reinstalling 733

Wondering why (after reinstalling the aircraft yesterday) I now see bare wires hanging from below the MCP.. there's no clickspot I can find to close any little door. Googled and searched this forum for 'wires' but no results came up.

Also, in the OH panel, what was my logo light is now labelled 'INOP'.

Just cosmetic (I assume; hardly 'deal breakers' of course), but would prefer to have the a/c as it was (certainly no wires hanging out from the panel). :)

Thank you.

B733 - 2020-11-17 12.27.10.jpg

Edited by martinlest

Thanks. I only have Windows Defender active, but no, I didn't disable it. I do have a backup of my previous installation though, I could copy over files from there: would that fix this? Or I could even replace the new installation with the old one I suppose (if necessary), given that reinstalling did not fix the problems I was experiencing.

The "wires" are just the way they are in the real aircraft, too - here is a pic and another one from my installation of the IXEG. It is likely that you now "see" the wires because you (finally!!) downloaded the latest version of the aircraft and I have moved the "default view position" slightly down.

The "inop" for the logo lights is due to selecting the "winglet" option. With winglets installed the logo lights are covered and can therefore not be used.

Cheers, Jan

1564270669_wiresreal2.thumb.jpg.3669b5689598ffc5f571dd2666c731aa.jpg1455099778_Wiresreal.thumb.jpg.3ba44f954492e7f4a159cb9e07a948de.jpgWires.thumb.jpg.ebefa9702552f5df52ca9186959dcc54.jpg

:D I see, thanks for the clarification. I too assumed (since I thought I'd had the latest version installed) that something had been corrupted. I certainly do not recall seeing the wires before today (quite obvious with the colours of course - you can't miss them). Yes, must be because the pilot view has changed. That's fine - I am sure I'll learn to love the splash of colour.... doesn't look very safe though. Shouldn't an engineer have fixed it?

(Had another flight this afternoon, BTW, and still all going well re. 'bank/roll' (so to speak))

Edited by martinlest
  • Like 1