Bought SR20, but can’t start or fly. Switch and click regions inop

ArteeEdgar

Hello,

I bought your SR 20 tonight and have it loaded up. I can select the plane in Xplane11 and it loads up. When I click the mouse in most click regions, it just makes a loud clicking sound with a strange whir type noise after but no action. It’s like the mouse is basically useless in most click regions but not all. I cannot do anything with the keys, the ignition switch, boost pump or most other regions. 

is there any fix for this or documentation?

thanks

Bob Edgar 

• 1 month later...

Okay I've tried everything when it comes to starting the SR20 and nothing works. (I am able to start with engines on, BTW, but starting them "for real" has become my white whale). Here's what I'm doing: Batt 1 & 2 on. Strobe on. keys in ignition. mixture to rich. throttle to full. fuel pump prime for ~2 seconds. Fuel pump to boost. Throttle back to just open (hard to know if it's 1/4").  Turn keys to start.  

Prop turns and sometimes even catches but then stops as soon as I move key from start position. I've tried every variation of throttle settings (including moving back and forth slowly). I've tried longer prime and shorter prime. And I've done all these things starting with a "clean" airplane to be sure I'm starting from a common state so the engine isn't flooded or anything like that. Bottom line - if I follow the sim checklist or real checklist (which as far as I can tell are identical), the engine doesn't start.  

Oh - and I uninstalled and installed again. 

Sorry to revive a thread that seemed dead but driving me crazy! 

4 hours ago, Boston Irish said:

Okay I've tried everything when it comes to starting the SR20 and nothing works. (I am able to start with engines on, BTW, but starting them "for real" has become my white whale). Here's what I'm doing: Batt 1 & 2 on. Strobe on. keys in ignition. mixture to rich. throttle to full. fuel pump prime for ~2 seconds. Fuel pump to boost. Throttle back to just open (hard to know if it's 1/4").  Turn keys to start.  

Prop turns and sometimes even catches but then stops as soon as I move key from start position. I've tried every variation of throttle settings (including moving back and forth slowly). I've tried longer prime and shorter prime. And I've done all these things starting with a "clean" airplane to be sure I'm starting from a common state so the engine isn't flooded or anything like that. Bottom line - if I follow the sim checklist or real checklist (which as far as I can tell are identical), the engine doesn't start.  

Oh - and I uninstalled and installed again. 

Sorry to revive a thread that seemed dead but driving me crazy! 

Those steps should be leading to the engine starting. Two things you can try, first is as silly as this sounds, can you confirm there is fuel in the tanks and the fuel selector is not set to off? If those aren't the case, you can try running engine maintenance in the SR20 menu under the Maintenance tab.

Thanks for the response Coop but alas no joy. I uninstalled and installed again and even now when I say "start with engines on" as soon as I touch throttle, engine quits. Have refurbed engine and done maintenance. Tanks full. Fuel selector doesn't seem to have impact - whether going from right or left tank (I assume fuel off is all the way back on either the left or right side in the center console?). I'm dead in the water and can't for the life of me think of what must not be right. 

Edited by Boston Irish

22 hours ago, Boston Irish said:

Thanks for the response Coop but alas no joy. I uninstalled and installed again and even now when I say "start with engines on" as soon as I touch throttle, engine quits. Have refurbed engine and done maintenance. Tanks full. Fuel selector doesn't seem to have impact - whether going from right or left tank (I assume fuel off is all the way back on either the left or right side in the center console?). I'm dead in the water and can't for the life of me think of what must not be right. 

This sounds like either a plugin or hardware is conflicting and cutting off the fuel flow to the engine. I would recommend disconnecting any hardware to test if that is the conflict, and if that's not it, temporarily removing all other 3rd party plugins and trying that way.