Odd behaviour with a new airframe

diamonddriller

Just because I'm an awkward b--ger, I "cleaned" my airframe and renewed it.  Then, closed XP.

The next day, I opened up XP and reselected the SR20 (or resumed the flight - whichever), and switched on the batteries and avionics.

Nothing.........  screens remained blank.

Pressed fuel boost, but heard nothing.  Tried starter.  Nope.....

Looked at the menu.  No starter type highlighted, and I couldn't select anything.  The chocks, etc, did work.   There were no figures of any kind in the Hobbs windows.

So, I just re-installed from scratch, and all was well - it would be.

Any ideas?

(On an iMac)

P.S.  Cut the mixture at 1500', and did a forced landing on a road.  Spot on.  It's a great plane.

Edited by diamonddriller

Is it possible you shut down XP without first shutting down the SR20 in particular? I ask, because I've had the SR22's own battery -- the in-sim battery -- run down when I've left the avionics on but the engine (and therefore the alternator) off. The "ability" to kill the SR20's battery is just one way the TorqueSim Cirrus perfectly models a real Cirrus. Re-installing the SR20 may have fixed the problem, because then you then started with a fresh in-sim battery.

Edited by Lon
Added sentence about realism.