3,400 Lb. / 3,600 Lb. MTOW

GreenDot

First off, this is a totally awesome airplane -  right up there with my other favorite X-Plane GA, the TBM 900. I'm trying to find the right POH that matches our 3,400 LB MTOW for the SR22-TN online. While I've found plenty, most are for the 3,600 Lb. version.  I wanted to confirm that our aircraft appears to be a pre-2013 model with the lower 3,400 Lb. MTOW?  Curious if there are plans to release an "updated" 3,600 Lb. model? It seems with all the extra items in the SR22-TN I'm hitting MTOW with two adults and fuel only filled to the tabs.

1 hour ago, GridiroN said:

To be fair, I looked into this also and was confused because the way Cirrus sets this up is quite confusing. There are versions of the SR22 that has a MTOW of 3600 but a real pilot confirmed the exact model Torquesim chose does correctly have a 3400 MTOW. 

Thanks for confirming that. The blue box on the load manager does indeed coincide with the 3,400 lb. weight, but the scale goes to 3,600 lb. and you're able to load to this weight - and above - without the load manager giving you any warning. I actually loaded to 3,600 lbs. with two pax and full tanks. With 3,400 lbs and to 200 lb adults in the front, you'd be hard pressed to do anything with 4 pax and fuel to the tabs. That you can do in the 3,600 lb version so as always, have to be mindful of weight! I feel like I'm in the 172 that I fly now. :)

As for the POH, I can certainly reference what was provided but have found the Cirrus POH for this model for some expanded learning.

Edited by GreenDot

42 minutes ago, GreenDot said:

Thanks for confirming that. The blue box on the load manager does indeed coincide with the 3,400 lb. weight, but the scale goes to 3,600 lb. and you're able to load to this weight - and above - without the load manager giving you any warning. I actually loaded to 3,600 lbs. with two pax and full tanks. With 3,400 lbs and to 200 lb adults in the front, you'd be hard pressed to do anything with 4 pax and fuel to the tabs. That you can do in the 3,600 lb version so as always, have to be mindful of weight! I feel like I'm in the 172 that I fly now. :)

As for the POH, I can certainly reference what was provided but have found the Cirrus POH for this model for some expanded learning.

I believe this is because on this model the parachute system is very heavy (the pilot said it's like 276lb) and the operators are required to account for this, therefore...3400lbs MTOW approximate on this model to equal the naturally aspirated model. 

Edited by GridiroN

19 minutes ago, GridiroN said:

I believe this is because on this model the parachute system is very heavy (the pilot said it's like 276lb) and the operators are required to account for this, therefore...3400lbs MTOW approximate on this model to equal the naturally aspirated model. 

Makes sense. I think also this is a FIKI aircraft and has A/C which add weight to the package as well.