Low FPS and frequent stuttering (V1.1)

wired521

Hey guys,

Really happy to see the bug fixes in V1.1. Since updating, I'm having frequent stutters and generally low (~20 where I'm typically around 40) FPS. I've been testing with clear skies, and even lowered my texture quality and object density to be sure it wasn't something else. When the stutters occur, my FPS drops to under 5 and almost freezes for about 2-3 seconds. I've tried disabling reflective dials and windscreen - no impact that I can tell. 

I'm using OpenGL (Vulkan always causes me problems); any thoughts on what I can try?

The only addition in this update that has any measurable impact on performance is the new state tracking systems. The impact should be essentially zero on most machines, especially in OpenGL (some machines run into a X-Plane bug with the Vulcan pipeline). If you share your log.txt I might be able to glean a bit more information,

Also having low FPS issues.  Cockpit, no power: 26-27 FPS; outside chase view: 34-35 FPS.  As a comparison, TBM-900 cockpit, no power: 34-35 FPS; outside chase view: 44-45 FPS.  Hard to believe TBM-900 faster than SR22!  Log file attached for SR22.  Also very happy with this plane...except for FPS.  I suspect the FPS will take a big hit on cloudy day, it's clear today.  Thanks.

Log copy.txt

• 3 months later...

I too have experienced low FPS with the SR22 ever since I purchased the plane. I bought it the day it came out. It is completely unflyable on my system.

I have a fairly high end machine:

SR22 version 1.1.1, Latest Windows 10, X-Plane 11.5 running Vulcan. RTX 2070 Super GPU, i7 9700 3.6 gig CPU. Z390 motherboard, 32 gig of DDR4 RAM. 

I have tried turning my world objects to zero, no weather apps(clouds). The plane behaves the same. Major stutters that turn it into a .JPEG

I know you say this is not important, but every other aircraft, be it stock or third party, runs fine on my system with most sliders set up fairly high. 

Please let me know if there is anything that can be done to rectify this issue. 

When I do get a few smooth moments - it looks like it would be a joy to fly.

Edited by DeadZone44
Addition

@DeadZone44Please send a screenshot of your Graphic settings, the log.txt file, and what the average FPS is (a rolling average is displayed on the left hand side menu that shows when your mouse is on the left edge of the screen).

Something is definitely wrong if its unflyable. I mainly use a MacBook Pro laptop (Radeon 5500M graphics) and I am running at ~45-60fps. Your specs seem to be far above any sort of minimum, definitely way above what I am running on.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 2:53 PM, Coop said:

@DeadZone44Please send a screenshot of your Graphic settings, the log.txt file, and what the average FPS is (a rolling average is displayed on the left hand side menu that shows when your mouse is on the left edge of the screen).

Something is definitely wrong if its unflyable. I mainly use a MacBook Pro laptop (Radeon 5500M graphics) and I am running at ~45-60fps. Your specs seem to be far above any sort of minimum, definitely way above what I am running on.

Hi Coop,

Here is the log.txt and a pic of the graphics settings I use 100% of the time. The frames range from 23 to 31, but the stuttering still persists and when this happens the frames seem to be the same and don't drop like I thought they would.

Also, here is a link to a quick video of the stuttering. It becomes much worse than the video shows, but you will get the idea. Amazingly the frames are still showing around 30!

Sometimes it will freeze completely , like it is taking snapshots. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CwCDWoCQ1Dy4RY1R7

Log.txt

Edited by DeadZone44
added new pic

4 hours ago, Coop said:

I would recommend trying to turn down the texture resolution. The SR22 uses a lot of VRAM, and when combined with high res textures, there is a likelihood you are running out of VRAM.

COOP!

I have been schooled!! The VRAM was the issue! I never thought to lower that setting as all of my other aircraft work well with the texture set to max. I did a few test flights and the frames were between 23-59 depending on building density. It got a little jittery in the DT LA area, but still very flyable. I lowered my world objects, but it did not make that much of a difference so I put it back were it was. Lower frames are also because I run a 49" Samsung 5120 x 1440. But it is very flyable!!  You have made someone very happy today!!

Thank you for responding so quickly. Bring on the Integra!!! 

Edited by DeadZone44
  • Like 1