Hotstart TBM 900 - 2 Issues - No sound and can't click on anything

CJSouthern

Hi Folks,

Frustrated at the appalling number of bugs in the TBM that comes with FS2020 I've upgraded to X-Plane 11.50R3 and purchased the Hotstart TBM 900. 

Fresh install of both today, but I've struck a couple of issues:

1. No sound from that aircraft - but other aircraft are fine. I "Googled" first - discovered that one or two other had had the same issue and that it was caused by incorrect windows sound setup, but I've checked that and specified the correct output device - still no joy.

2. I can point to controls - the pointer changes to the appropriate symbol - but clicking with the mouse doesn't change anything; I can't turn on a switch - turn a knob - or drag the power lever. Again, this is fine on other aircraft. Dragging with the right hand mouse button held down does drag the view though.

I have a Honeycomb Alpha yoke - and all button assignments function correctly - but the associated control on the screen doesn't move eg I can manage power just fine using the little white buttons on each side of the yoke but the position of the power lever never changes (guages update correctly though) (waiting on a Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant).

Full disclosure - although I'm running a pretty grunty system (10700K CPU - 64GB RAM - NVMe SSD) I'm using integrated graphics and a 1920 x 1200 monitor until my RTX 3080 arrives; not sure if that is relevant. I've currently got all graphics settings set to low and it's "OK" in terms of frame rates etc. I had a play around and discovered the plugin manager - I was somewhat surprised to find that the last plugin ("TBM by Hotstart") is shown as disabled - and I can't put a tick in that box - not sure what that does or means (plugin activation appeared normal).

Any help would be much appreciated. I've looked for the log file that I see is typically asked for (to attach) but I don't know where to find it.

If it helps, I've had a look through the log myself and found the following errors:

WARNING: extension missing proc glGetnTexImage.  This is a problem with your video driver.
WARNING: extension missing proc glGetnUniformdv.  This is a problem with your video driver.
WARNING: extension missing proc glGetnMapdv.  This is a problem with your video driver.
WARNING: extension missing proc glGetnMapfv.  This is a problem with your video driver.
WARNING: extension missing proc glGetnMapiv.  This is a problem with your video driver.
WARNING: extension missing proc glGetnPixelMapfv.  This is a problem with your video driver.
WARNING: extension missing proc glGetnPixelMapuiv.  This is a problem with your video driver.
WARNING: extension missing proc glGetnPixelMapusv.  This is a problem with your video driver.
WARNING: extension missing proc glGetnPolygonStipple.  This is a problem with your video driver.
WARNING: extension missing proc glGetnColorTable.  This is a problem with your video driver.
WARNING: extension missing proc glGetnConvolutionFilter.  This is a problem with your video driver.
WARNING: extension missing proc glGetnSeparableFilter.  This is a problem with your video driver.
WARNING: extension missing proc glGetnHistogram.  This is a problem with your video driver.
WARNING: extension missing proc glGetnMinmax.  This is a problem with your video driver.

-- These also appear when I'm flying the 172 and it works as expected - so I'm guessing that they're not important?

0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Found overlapping airports with overlapping controller freqs at KCEA and KIAB!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Found overlapping airports with overlapping controller freqs at WSAC and WSSS!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Found overlapping airports with overlapping controller freqs at RJCJ and RJCC!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Found overlapping airports with overlapping controller freqs at RJDU and RJFU!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Found overlapping airports with overlapping controller freqs at RJDU and RJFU!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Found overlapping airports with overlapping controller freqs at WIPT and WIEE!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Found overlapping airports with overlapping controller freqs at VEVZ and VOVZ!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Found overlapping airports with overlapping controller freqs at KNSE and KNDZ!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Rewrote KAHN atc_ControllerRole_Del's freq: 133950 to 118000 for being in conflict!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Rewrote KCEA atc_ControllerRole_Twr's freq: 127250 to 118025 for being in conflict!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Rewrote WSAC atc_ControllerRole_Twr's freq: 118250 to 118000 for being in conflict!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Rewrote RJCJ atc_ControllerRole_Del's freq: 121900 to 118000 for being in conflict!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Rewrote RJDU atc_ControllerRole_Gnd's freq: 121600 to 118000 for being in conflict!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Rewrote RJDU atc_ControllerRole_Twr's freq: 122700 to 118025 for being in conflict!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Rewrote RJDU atc_ControllerRole_Twr's freq: 126200 to 118050 for being in conflict!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Rewrote RJDU atc_ControllerRole_Twr's freq: 118500 to 118075 for being in conflict!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Rewrote WIPT atc_ControllerRole_Twr's freq: 118300 to 118000 for being in conflict!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Rewrote VEVZ atc_ControllerRole_Twr's freq: 119700 to 118000 for being in conflict!
0:00:49.022 W/ATC: Rewrote KNSE atc_ControllerRole_Twr's freq: 121400 to 118000 for being in conflict!

-- Again, doesn't appear relevant

2020-11-01 23:41:32 TBM900[helpers.c:1123]: Cannot open directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\\Output\TBM900\state: The system cannot find the path specified.

-- Was surprised to see "\\" in the path - relevant?

2020-11-01 23:41:33 TBM900[shader.c:429]: Cannot load shader C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\\Aircraft\X-Aviation\TBM-900\plugins\systems\data\librain\droplets.comp.glsl430: compile error: ERROR: 1:78: 'location qualifer' : the "location" qualifier cannot be used when a "binding" qualifier is also provided. Use "offset" instead 

2020-11-01 23:41:33 TBM900[shader.c:151]: Error loading shader C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\\Aircraft\X-Aviation\TBM-900\plugins\systems\data\librain\droplets.comp.spv: SPIR-V shaders not supported and no fallback shader found.

-- Both well above my pay grade. Files are present at those locations though.

2020-11-01 23:41:33 TBM900[xplane.c:1543]: Systems plugin is disabling

-- Is this the key to the issue? Disabling because of the above 2 errors?

0:01:01.200 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: -41+171

-- Irrelivant?

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Colin

Edited by CJSouthern

24 minutes ago, CJSouthern said:

Thanks folks. If it is due to not having a "real" graphics card yet then not a problem - but if it's due to something else then it would be nice to be able to fly it in the meantime.

In comparison the C172 works just fine with my existing setup (albeit with all graphics options set to minimum).

Oh, I didn't catch that before.

OpenGL Render       : Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

Yes, this is the problem.