Skymaxx Pro v4 not playing nice with Traffic Global at night

yvesmarie

Hi all,

I'm having this odd issue between these two plugins and am not sure which is the culprit...

Upon initial boot into XP11 (11.5 running under Vulkan) all is well and both Skymaxx Pro & Traffic Global seem to function as designed.  However, when flying at night, as soon as either the zoom or the aircraft select functions of the TG radar are used, the stars all turn into large, immersion-breaking circles.  I tried things under OpenGL and the same problem occurs.  When I remove the Skymaxx plugin the issue is no longer present and TG functions normally.

Has anyone else seen this behavior and/or, aside from not using the TG radar when flying at night, have a fix?

I've also reached out to the Traffic Global team, so hopefully a solution can be arrived at.

Thanks!

The underlying issue is likely that the traffic global plugin is changing OpenGL's "point size" setting and not restoring it back when it is done. So when we go to draw the stars, they look like circles instead of points.

As @rawdmonsaid, a workaround for now would be to set SMP to use X-Plane's default sky. Hopefully the Traffic Global folks can fix that.

Edited by sundog
  • Like 1

Thanks very much, Frank and rawdmon!

Switching from the Hosek-Wilkie sky model to the standard one does indeed alleviate the situation as a work around.

I've filed a support ticket with JF and included both the suggestion about point size and this temporary work-around fix in my communications with them, so hopefully it'll all get sorted in good order.

However the case, I've attached a screenshot of the issue to this post to show what's going on.

Many thanks again!

ym

Cessna_172SP - 2020-10-30.jpg

Edited by yvesmarie
add attachment
  • Like 1