Cannot check brake accumulator for minimal pressure 1000 PSI

viman

Hello everyone,

after upgrade to newest versions (IXEG 737 as X-plane) there is no possible to check break accumulator. It seems that standard brake (hold brake regular function) does not affect aircraft systems. No pedal's brake animation, no pressure lowering. Hydraulic systems are off. Braking action itself is ok.

The next minor bug I observed is fuel indicator test inoperative.

Thank you for possible workarounds if exists

Hi viman,

I just checked on my end - the brake pedals don´t move when you press a button vor braking, that is true and I am not sure that has changed recently. They are tied to the analog axis for left and right toe brake. I will have to talk to Tom to see if we can add that.

The brake accumulator check works with the keys for me, though. Make sure you turn on at least the battery switch to power the instrument, otherwise the needle will not move. Pushing B and V keys (repeatedly) will bleed the accu pressure down to the precharge of 1000 psi.

Let me know if that works for you?

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan,

Thank you for reply. Animation of braking pedals is absolutely unimportant, it doesn't touch standard procedures ;-) 

I newly have tried super clean installation of latest X-Plane and IXEG 737, no others plugins or add-ons, default joystick/key assignments, no special configuration. Battery was on, trying V and B keys repeatedly many times, the needle stayed on about 3000 PSI. Brakes are working ok.

Beside this I have problem with FUEL QTY indicator test and LE DEVICES test (AFT OVERHEAD PANEL). They seems also inoperative.

Vitek

Hello Vitek,

make sure that you turn off the hydraulic pumps (both engine driven and electrically driven). It works ok on my system - and if you deplete the brake accumulator, there will be no more braking (airplane will start to roll if parked on sloping terrain or if engines are running).

The Fuel qty and le device test buttons don´t work right now - we are working on a fix! Here is a link to the "current problems":

https://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/17981-version-133-known-bugs-and-workarounds/

Cheers, Jan

Ok - now I found what is going on!

The brake accumulator indicator in the "modern" instrument version is not hooked up to the correct dataref. If you switch to "steam instruments" it works.

Thank you, you have found a bug! I will add it to the bug database and we we will fix it with the next version.

I should have tested both instrument versions right away, sorry for that and thank you for being persistent!

Cheers, Jan

Brilliant! You are welcome ;-)

Thank you very match for your quick responses. Published bug list and open explanations about requested features are also absolutely perfect from my point of view. It is easy to live without many features but it is bad not to know ;-)

Regards,
Vitek

• Like 1