Landing gear

SkyFly

Ermm - first time I heard about this? As far as I know the flap is just a flap - not connected to any logic. It just opens access to the handles (which are just wires connected to the uplock hooks).

So if you have any information about the flap locking out the normal gear operation - I am always willing to learn!

Cheers, Jan

Well, this might be an NG/MAX thing, but I have my doubts about that.

Here Mentour Pilot, a 737-NG pilot, talked about how he had exactly this problem.
Watch from Minute 12:00 :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTS4BEKqi4U

Also I watched a flightdeck video where this exact thing happened on an NG. Unfortunately I can´t find it anymore, despite my best efforts to hunt it down. They flipped the lever up, gear stayed down, they closed the flap properly and the gear came up.

This is indeed a NG/MAX thing only. 
There, having the "manual extension access door" open disables landing gear retraction logic, and allows manual landing gear extension with the gear lever in any position (contrary to the Classic). 

This in turn makes for a much simpler (and a lot less fun :blink:) "Landing Gear Lever Jammed in the UP Position" NNC on the NG...  On the Classic this NNC guides you through de-pressurizing Hyd. System A in order to extend the landing gear, whereas on the NG there's no need for this.

Ken

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 5:23 PM, ken_v said:

This is indeed a NG/MAX thing only. 
There, having the "manual extension access door" open disables landing gear retraction logic, and allows manual landing gear extension with the gear lever in any position (contrary to the Classic). 

This in turn makes for a much simpler (and a lot less fun :blink:) "Landing Gear Lever Jammed in the UP Position" NNC on the NG...  On the Classic this NNC guides you through de-pressurizing Hyd. System A in order to extend the landing gear, whereas on the NG there's no need for this.

Ken

This was more information than I suspected to get. :blink::D
Brilliant! Thanks!