Work around for loc needle not working

smaze17

3 minutes ago, smaze17 said:

I’m assuming this is a X-plane 11.50 issue? When the update is available will there just be a notification when you load the plane up or will it be a manual thing through the website?

Yes, 11.50 presented the issue.

Notifications will be done via forums, e-mail, and in-sim.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 8:04 PM, victorytl said:

The work around for me was to go to older version of X-Plane (before 11.50) when updating nav data base using Navigraph.  LOC needle not working again with latest Navigraph update and there is no longer an option to go to older version of X-plane using Navigraph.  

You might have the previous AIRAC version which works with the TBM?

• 2 weeks later...

As it seems, the LOC problem is in the TBM 900 - XPlane 11.50 matching.

Currently, the TBM does not support the way XPlane 11.50 manages nav data (Just LOCs, actually).

A possible workaround is  using the 11.41 version of the nav data, as provided by Navigraph....

The problem is, Navigraph is going to discontinue the 11.41 data very soon.

Hopefully the coming update of the TBM from X Aviation will solve everything. 

From the Navigraph forum:

"we have decided to offer the AIRAC updates till end of this year, means the last AIRAC cycle will be 2014. After this cycle, we discontinued these outdated version and will offer only the new navdata format for X-Plane 11.50 and above. AIRAC 2012 is built and uploaded. When you use the FDM, you can map X-Plane 11.41 manually. When you use the manual setups, we have created a own record for this, with the different version numbers."

20 hours ago, ssalis said:

As it seems, the LOC problem is in the TBM 900 - XPlane 11.50 matching.

Currently, the TBM does not support the way XPlane 11.50 manages nav data (Just LOCs, actually).

A possible workaround is  using the 11.41 version of the nav data, as provided by Navigraph....

The problem is, Navigraph is going to discontinue the 11.41 data very soon.

Hopefully the coming update of the TBM from X Aviation will solve everything. 

From the Navigraph forum:

"we have decided to offer the AIRAC updates till end of this year, means the last AIRAC cycle will be 2014. After this cycle, we discontinued these outdated version and will offer only the new navdata format for X-Plane 11.50 and above. AIRAC 2012 is built and uploaded. When you use the FDM, you can map X-Plane 11.41 manually. When you use the manual setups, we have created a own record for this, with the different version numbers."

Now it is possible, to download the older version from navigraph. I saw it in my account.

2020-11-19 08_26_10-Navigraph.jpg

On 11/19/2020 at 8:27 AM, Huma said:

Now it is possible, to download the older version from navigraph. I saw it in my account.

2020-11-19 08_26_10-Navigraph.jpg

Yes it's possible.

But, as I wrote before, Navigraph is going to publish 10.41 navdata till the 2014 AIRAC Cycle (2012 now current).

After that, only the 11.50 version will be valuable.

This means almost two months of time....  We are confident the guys at X-Aviation will have solved the problem by then.  Let's them work peacefully!

As a real-life pilot, I have the say that the TBM 900 is by far the most real and engaging airplane available in the sim world.

In the meantime, gaining some proficiency with RNAV procedures could be a wise and pleasant way to spend our (sim) flight time....

Bye from Milan

Stefano