Help weird sounds

edugil94

Hey everyone, I don't know what to do but I bought the 737 today and it is one amazing aircraft, but I haven't done one flight and I already have a problem, I downloaded the BSS sound pack and everything worked perfect, I updated the navigation data while I went for dinner and when I came back and wanted to do a flight the sounds were gone, the thing that gave it away was that the default x plane APU sound was loud as hell, I uninstalled it and installed it again and it was the same but this time I didn't touch anything and now when I am in the cockpit the default APU sound is very very loud and it is not a nice sound, thank you for your help

But is there anyway I can fix it? I just want it to be back to normal I have reinstalled the plane 3 times now without touching anything and In the cockpit the loudest thing is the default APU sound of X Plane the one that is a terrible loop, also they announced it as a free pack in May or so in threshold and Facebook, it is just a file of sounds to replace the custom sounds, I don’t want it anymore I just want my airplane to be back to normal 

PD here is the link to the news https://www.thresholdx.net/news/fixegs

Edited by edugil94

I have no idea - if you delete your aircraft and reinstall it that should fix it. Unless you have copied the files into X-Plane itself, then you would need to run the X-Plane installer and let that find your altered sounds and overwrite them.

Normally you can not hear your APU in the cockpit at all. You may be hearing the airconditioning flow, you can make that sound more quiet in the preferences menu (pop out).

Cheers, Jan

Thanks for letting us know, ktomais.

From my point of view there is nothing that would speak against replacing sounds in the IXEG sound folder, they are just .mp3 sounds. Of course you would do this at your own risk, but technically I couldn´t think of anything that could go wrong with it ;-)

Cheers, Jan

I did a lot more digging and investigation and found a thread here is the link https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/491337-ixeg-737-sound-issue/ and that is exactly what happened to me, the first flight sounds amazing but when I reboot gizmo because of the left BUS not working or relocate the aircraft the sounds loose intensity I don't know why, what I have to do is close X-Plane and open it again if I want to do a second flight for the sounds to still be amazing, it is not a real let down because it gives me time to get the flight plan ready and it gives me a clean start for my next flight