Jump to content

X-Plane goes unresponsive after several minutes


Recommended Posts

Hi, I just bought the SR22 last night, and after a few minutes of flying, X-Plane goes unresponsive and completely hangs. This has happened after about 5-10 minutes in the simulator about five or six times now. The system hangs indefinitely and does not generate a crash report or anything like that; I tried to let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes to let it work itself out but I didn't have any luck. I have tried with Vulkan rendering both on and off. I do have a few scenery and plugins, but I don't think an inordinate amount in the grand scheme of most simmers :D

I have attached a log file for your viewing pleasure

 

EDIT: just for good measure I did remove the small lua script I added at the same time as the SR22 and still got the crash just as I was turning crosswind

EDIT2: after I posted this I realized a new GPU driver had just come out. I upgraded, but got the same result: I take off, turn crosswind, x-plane hangs. Sound is still on and all that stuff. I attached an updated log if that helps at all

Log.txt

Log.txt

Edited by taylskid
typos
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for providing the logs, I've taken a look at them, and the both line in them both seems to be the case where the transponder gets set to Alt mode, but that is done when reaching ~30 knots, so I think this is just a coincidence, and that is not the actual final thing causing the hang. 

I would recommend temporarily removing all your plugins (except Gizmo) and re-adding them in individually and testing to see if you can find the culprit, as there are quite a few plugins installed (though I haven't seen any incompatibilities with any modern X-Plane plugin and ours). 

Let me know - thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

So when I removed all of my custom scenery I was able to complete a few touch and gos, so then I started adding my scenery back in piece by piece and each time had no crashing. But I am a little bit surprised that that is the case. I guess the next logical step is to start adding plugins back in and see if the crashing comes back then? considering I crashed in the exact same place after removing it I don't know why re-adding them would create more crashes

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

After further testing, I have a suspicion it may be related to this FlyWithLua Script: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/43281-3jfps-wizard11/ which I use for helping to keep my FPS above 20 while I'm on VATSIM (it likes to plummet when I switch tabs and whatnot)

my testing was not very good and i am not sure it is this script sorry

Edited by taylskid
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for my noisy posting yesterday, my eagerness got ahead of me and I did some bad testing. Right after I made my last post I crashed yesterday after I had completed several touch and gos, which had not happened before, so I started testing everything a bit longer to see what would happen.

After a few slightly more involved tests, I am starting to become convinced again that it might be the 3jFPS FlyWithLua script after all. I was doing kind of a binary search with enabling plugins yesterday to quickly narrow it down, and I was pretty sure it was either autogate, the simtoolkitpro plugin, or the 3jFPS lua script. I deleted these one by one, got crashes the first two times, and then after deleting the lua script I was able to do 5 or 6 touch and gos and was in XPlane far longer than I had been prior to that. I re-added just the script and crashed pretty quickly again. I'm not sure this is enough to go on since the logs aren't providing a ton of details, and I obviously want to spend a bit more time with the plugin disabled to make sure it just isn't coincidental, but it seems like it might be the culprit

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, taylskid said:

Sorry for my noisy posting yesterday, my eagerness got ahead of me and I did some bad testing. Right after I made my last post I crashed yesterday after I had completed several touch and gos, which had not happened before, so I started testing everything a bit longer to see what would happen.

After a few slightly more involved tests, I am starting to become convinced again that it might be the 3jFPS FlyWithLua script after all. I was doing kind of a binary search with enabling plugins yesterday to quickly narrow it down, and I was pretty sure it was either autogate, the simtoolkitpro plugin, or the 3jFPS lua script. I deleted these one by one, got crashes the first two times, and then after deleting the lua script I was able to do 5 or 6 touch and gos and was in XPlane far longer than I had been prior to that. I re-added just the script and crashed pretty quickly again. I'm not sure this is enough to go on since the logs aren't providing a ton of details, and I obviously want to spend a bit more time with the plugin disabled to make sure it just isn't coincidental, but it seems like it might be the culprit

Thanks for the update! It sounds like that might be the culprit based on that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...