CRJ-200 Update Version 1.1 Release Information

Hi, All,

Version 1.1 of the CRJ-200 will be released this weekend. All X-Aviation customers will be notified by e-mail immediately upon release. This e-mail will contain information on how to update the product, and a new topic will be posted in these forums as well.

To see a list of the main changes/bugs fixed in this update, please see the following topic: http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=2111.0

All topics in this forum will be moved to a new section titled "Version 1.0" to help alleviate the ease of going through topics that are old and assist potential buyers as well as current users to understand what is or is not an old bug, or for that issue, a bug that no longer exists.

Please keep an eye on your inboxes and this forum for this update!

Ok thanks Cameron ! Can we expect some improved performance on weaker computers ? It's 10 pm here in france I hope to see it tomorrow. Thanks for all.

Performance is about as good as it gets in even the current build. There were slight adjustments for the LEGS page, but outside of that what you see is what you get.

If we talk about performance - in the manual is said that in general mac rans ca. 15fps faster then win - is this still fact or could you examine this problem.

regards tom

Still fact and as was since the first release, we optimized as best we could. This is a limitation of QT between the different OS's.

Do not expect any crazy or major performance improvements in this update outside of all the bug fixes.

To be more precise, it is a limitation of the way how the operating systems prepare the font glyphs to multi-threaded applications. On Linux there is a technology called libfontconfig which is part of the X11-servers since the early 2000's, and it works marvelous. This is why you get the best frames by far on Linux.

Also Mac OSX does a good job preparing the fonts for access. The font system of OSX can get confused by incorrectly imported OTF fonts or duplicate fonts, which my lead to a crash, but apart from that it works great.

On Windows there is a lot of synchronization overhead internally (in the OS libraries, nothing which we can influence from the CRJ side) which makes rendering the displays slower compared to OSX and Linux. I did my best to provide some shortcuts on Windows to make the rendering as fast as possible given those limitations. So unless Steve Balmer wakes up tomorrow and phones his windows department telling them to enhance threaded font-access in Windows 7, this is about as fast as it gets.

Philipp

Hi phillip is this something that only occurs with OPEN GL or does it happen with DirectX11 to?

Just a question - Austin will never go for DirectX. I remember that Javier Cortes had once big problems with fonts in the UFMC. As soon as starting using the UFMC the framerate dropped down heavily. I do not remember how he solved that problem, cannot find his mail, but he did.

Regards Tom

No, this is entirely unrelated to openGL vs. directX. Since the fonts are pre-rendered using means of Qt before they are handled by openGL. The openGL stuff does exactly nothing font-wise.

I know of the issue with UFMC and I can assure you that this has nothing in common with the CRJ software.

Philipp

Too bad its on sunday....  :'(

Great event at EDDF today/night, but somehow, the CRJ will not let me file a flp any more, and i have changed nothing to X-Plane. Even reinstalled the CRJ no change, and loaded flightplans have only the first waypoint too but cannot add or delete another.

To everyone:

Tomorrow (Sunday) will be the day!

X-Aviation is based in the US, so that is the timeline we are going on here. I have just completed most of everything here, so tomorrow will be final touch up and then uploading for everyone to download.

See you all in the air soon! ;)