TBM 900 ILS error and rain effects

brunodostudio

Hello everyone!
I'm having an error with the TBM 900 on the X-plane 11.50, when tuning the ILS frequency, the aircraft does not pick up the signal on the radio, but the green magenta appears on the g1000 panel, but the aircraft does not start the decision procedure, it doesn't seem to capture the Glide Slope, and the LOC bar in NAV1 doesn't appear as it should, and the rain effects don't work either, would anyone have a solution for such problems? Thank you.

On 10/4/2020 at 3:09 PM, brunodostudio said:

I'm having an error with the TBM 900 on the X-plane 11.50, when tuning the ILS frequency

On 10/4/2020 at 3:09 PM, brunodostudio said:

and the rain effects don't work either, would anyone have a solution for such problems?

Rain isn't currently working in Vulkan and Metal. The next update should hopefully have a working solution in those scenarios.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The ILS and rain effects are fixed and working (for the most part) in the beta.

Asking us "when" is futile for both parties.  Because if we say "soon", we get told off.  If we say "2 weeks", and we're late, we get told off.  If we say "when it's ready", we get told off.

There is no good response to that question.  Which is why we never give out ETA's.

2 hours ago, Goran_M said:

The ILS and rain effects are fixed and working (for the most part) in the beta.

Asking us "when" is futile for both parties.  Because if we say "soon", we get told off.  If we say "2 weeks", and we're late, we get told off.  If we say "when it's ready", we get told off.

There is no good response to that question.  Which is why we never give out ETA's.

Is there any potential for a compromise here? Along the lines of "Most likely in the next month" or "Probably not for at least 3 months" (etc). Promise I won't tell anybody off :) (I appreciate that it requires an educated guess, but your guess is likely to give us a far better "guesstimate" than ours).

Even if my wife demanded an ETA, I wouldn't be able to give it to her.  That's how unpredictable updates can be.  An example:  The rain effects were all fixed in the Mac and Linux versions of the TBM.  But Windows was being difficult.  One of the issues of the Windows build (I think), was some of the code was case sensitive.  It can be problems as minor as that, that we don't see.

If I had to give out a very wild guess, that I would not put money on, I would say a month.

But it depends on what the testers find.

10 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Even if my wife demanded an ETA, I wouldn't be able to give it to her.  That's how unpredictable updates can be.  An example:  The rain effects were all fixed in the Mac and Linux versions of the TBM.  But Windows was being difficult.  One of the issues of the Windows build (I think), was some of the code was case sensitive.  It can be problems as minor as that, that we don't see.

If I had to give out a very wild guess, that I would not put money on, I would say a month.

But it depends on what the testers find.

Thanks for that - I won't try to hold anyone to it. What I WILL do however is continue to enjoy a damn-fine model and will look forward to (hopefully) enjoying an even better model early(ish) in the new year. Regards to your wife!

PS: If anyone wants to know how bad it could have been, do what I did yesterday and go fly the TBM 930 in MSFS2020; it's an absolute piece of &*$%; very little works on the G3000 - what does work often doesn't work properly - lots of other things don't work either - and it's got so many bugs I'm struggling to remember them all. Literally couldn't wait to get it back on the ground and switch back to XP11.5 and the TBM 900. Night and day.

• Like 1