Fairchild crashes and burns on start after being catapulted backwards like on an aircraft carrier

Fizzelle

Hello all

Before I delve too deeply into problem solving I wonder if anyone has experienced the Fairchild instantly crashing and burning and being pushed backwards like on a catapult? Brakes don't work, throttle doesn't work (although both show as working in cockpit). Rudder and ailerons show working with the yoke, as does the rudder with the footpedals.

All other Torquesim aircraft work flawlessly in all respects. as do all my other addons.

Flawed installation or undocumented "feature"? Tried it on both my X-Plane installations with identical behaviour. One fully loaded with plugins, one totally vanilla.

Just curious and hopeful.

27 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

All other Torquesim aircraft work flawlessly in all respects. as do all my other addons.

This is not a TorqueSim product. :)

27 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

Flawed installation or undocumented "feature"? Tried it on both my X-Plane installations with identical behaviour. One fully loaded with plugins, one totally vanilla.

This seems to happen when you select to run with engines running. Turn that off and things should be okay.

I would also like to point out, for future reference, that this unpleasant situation also happens if the user tries using the Developer Menu's "Reload Aircraft" function. Changing liveries is fine, but for a complete reload, please load another aircraft, like the Default Glider, and then load your PT-19 back. This odd behaviour is being investigated.

Respectfully,
Dan.

• 1 year later...

Wow! upon purchase, I was extremely disappointed. Every time I launched this aircraft, it went into crash mode, damaging everything. Tried reloading other aircraft, and booting this up again and the damage still exists. Make a repair using the cute little preferences book, and the same stuff happens.

At this point, I really, really want my money back. This should not be happening right out of the box! I paid $30.00 and it does not function upon purchase! Not happy.

@oldflyguy When one makes a purchase and selects the aircraft from the menu, it should sure as hell, at least boot up sitting cold and dark on the ramp. I have purchased dozens of planes and this has never happened.  My side, really?  Read the previous comments regarding the crash mode.  As Dan stated, "This odd behaviour  is being investigated."

Edited by Champguy