Some enquiries with respect to ixeg 737

Dear sir 

I read many knows things that need to be added in future in a link which was mentioned in the forum. But would like to suggest the following to be in priority:

1. Wind data request for cruise way points... This is a very common and important entry in fmc for accurate predictions... I kindly request to please add this 

2. Descent wind forcasts... Same as above 

3. Fmc progress page still incomplete with some bugs like fuel showing more than what is there in the guage. 

4. Fmc navstatus page inop. 

5. An option to have offset route in fmc due to weather or other phenomena

6. Doors animations.. Atleast the passenger doors 

7. Tcas test not functioning. 

8. Rte data on ehis as well as wpt on ehsi not functioning... Clicking wpt on ehsi control panel has no effect. 

I hope some functionalities of fmc will be added for completion... 

Regards

Govind

Edited by coolgovind180

Hello Govind,

except for points 1 and 2 (not possible in X-Plane) we are aware of the issues you mentioned and are intending to add /fix those.

I have to check why the TCAS test is not working - we are having some problems with the timer functionality, so also the FUEL QTY test and the LE DEVICES test is not working.

Cheers, Jan

Thank you so much for the consideration jan. 

Tcas test is not working. I can confirm this. May be this can be added to the list of things to be attended. Fuel qty test and le devices test also not working. 

Another input is to please make work the weather radar and terrain radar on co pilot side.. In this way we can have weather radar on one as well as terrain radar on another one. 

Also in another post I mentioned about pause at tod... Though not very necessary but would be a very nice feature if doing a long haul flight. 

Lastly I noticed that if I assign a keyboard button to speedbrake toggle... And after pressing it.. It just doesnt engage.  Is this expected? 

Hello Govind,

may I direct your attention to these pinned posts - they detail pretty much everything that you have found out and will save you the future trouble of reporting everything you find (again) to us, because it is already known and acknowledged:

https://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/8526-things-that-are-not-going-to-be-in-v133/

https://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/18101-faq-for-new-users/

https://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/17981-version-133-known-bugs-and-workarounds/

The speedbrake has several detents - down, armed, flight detent, full extended - therefor a "toggle" does not work. You need to assign buttons to "speedbrake extend one notch" and "speedbrake retract one notch" (or similiar to that, I don´t remember the exact command).

Cheers, Jan

I have just checked, and on my system the TCAS test works fine - you have to hold down the button for a few seconds. If it does not work on your system it may be due to a different Gizmo version and should be fixed when the version I have (experimental) is rolled out to users.

TCAS.thumb.jpg.6006c524fa56560abc261463df11b0db.jpg

thank you jan for all these assistance...

I dint hold down the TCAS for 3 seconds..I just clicked and let that go..may be thats why...

just a query: Can i put the yoke more down that what is allowed in preferences...It still hides a part of my EFIS..

regards

govind

46 minutes ago, coolgovind180 said:

just a query: Can i put the yoke more down that what is allowed in preferences...It still hides a part of my EFIS.

Why? You don't want that part to be like real life? :)

48 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Why? You don't want that part to be like real life? :)

of course i do want that part to be like real life....Only if i was sitting on that same seat so that I could see the EHSI well even if yoke was in that position! There are certain limits to everything isnt it? being a simulation and due to how the camera is positioned...I am sorry its just not possible to have the yoke that way...Many add ons provide the functionality to hide it hence i asked.

Just a query.

regards

govind

Cameron is right - we initially had the yoke a bit too far down (compared to real life) - now we have an option to move it between the old (low) and new (correct height) position. There are no plans to make it go even lower.

Part of the experience of flying the IXEG 737 is also dealing with the way the airplane is - I know some people like things easy and convenient...but we believe that this actually takes away from the experience.

Cheers, Jan

16 hours ago, coolgovind180 said:

but i guess I will have to live with this.

Just like I had to when flying the real airplane ;). The yoke CAN get in the way. Of course it helps that in the real plane you can move your head much easier than in X-Plane. If you ever try VR you will see that it is not such a problem in "reality".

The correct head position is set up so that the top of the yoke is just barely intruding on the bottom of the EHSI - you have to move the head a bit forward and up from the default "W" position. I have stored some positions for quick-changing on the custom X-Plane save views (store with CTRL-Numpad numbers, recall with Numpad numbers) so I can easily fly in IFR (only see panel), fly with most important instruments for landing (outside view and primary instruments), program FMC, copilot side overhead panel, etc.

Cheers, Jan

dear jan

I do have x camera configured for most of the views..and yes it does help a lot..i guess i need to get adjusted a bit.....had the same issue while flying 757 and 767 too where the EHSI is below EADI.....normally they are left right as in 737 ng and later series or airbus....i guess its all about getting used to...

Also to ask you further..is there any plan for ixeg to release 737 400 and 737 500 variants in upcoming future? I wish to see these models up and running

regards

govind