Update

mjrhealth

that's the whole idea...fly whichever one you feel like that day.  Clearly I still enjoy "old school" flying....its cognitively relaxing compared to flying the complex stuff; however....with this thing, I can get around at 270 kts  and actually "get somewhere interesting" in xplane in a short simming session.

Today is "autopilot day" and getting the thing working correctly as per the "Supplement 25, Sperry SPZ-500 Flight Control System". 

I'm endeavoring to get all the fuses / busses working correctly; however, I think that until I actually consult someone with MU2 maintenance experience, it will only be "close" as I don't have the detailed wiring diagrams of each circuit....and besides, MU2s are all modified and different nowadays.  

As an example, the autopilot uses both the DC and AC systems, but which elements of the autopilot uses the respective busses I couldn't say for certain.  I can make educated guesses of course, for example, the AP annunciators and inputs are probably DC and the servo motors AC, etc...each with their own circuit breakers....so you could disable the AC autopilot fuse, loose your servos...but all the "indicators and inputs" would still illuminate, etc.  I think the electrical fuse/bus work will be a "work in progress" as I get more information on the real systems.....but until I get a good failure module implemented (in parallel with IXEG failure model), most of the fuses can stay "closed" and things work just fine. 

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 3

Same here! While I love flying the Challenger, most enjoyment I get by flying older aircrafts. All those modern aircrafts are highly automated. Cannot wait to fly the MU-2. I probably will create some tour around Japan. Haven't been there a lot in X-Plane and it's time to discover this country. The MU-2 seems to be perfect for that.

Another milestone...all the flight functionality infrastructure is in place, so the plane is completly flyable from the 3D cockpit.  So from here on out, its only testing, calibration and tweaking.  Been on the autopilot for several days now and its running quite smooth.  So now the rush to start closing in all the holes and punchlist items....and the final bits, sounds and night lighting. 

• Like 6

Now we're cookin' with glass.  Good thing because clearly the backup analog stuff isn't working.  (G500 NOT INCLUDED...sold separately by Real Sim Gear)....BUT...clearly supported by the Moo.

xsMU2B60_5B_GLASS _2.jpgxsMU2B60_5B_GLASS.jpg

avitab.jpg

• Like 5

On 3/1/2022 at 9:08 PM, tkyler said:

Now we're cookin' with glass.  Good thing because clearly the backup analog stuff isn't working.  (G500 NOT INCLUDED...sold separately by Real Sim Gear)....BUT...clearly supported by the Moo.

xsMU2B60_5B_GLASS _2.jpgxsMU2B60_5B_GLASS.jpg

avitab.jpg

Really nice!!!

Any chance to get the RXP GTN 750 3D VC integration? 

Edited by Raúl Aubele

You know it used to be the 3D renders from Blender were the better ones...and folks would "show off" their cool textures...except it usually looked worse in X-Plane...but the times are a changing.   I'm looking to wrap up the primary texturing this weekend.  By primary, I mean the default livery / cabin texture work.  Next week I'll start the liveries and sound work...and of course touching up systems and textures  were be ongoing.  

bettuh.png

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...