Great pictures Tom, been following this beauty patiently for many years. But it will be totally worth it!

Edit: By the way, when it's time to add the manipulators, please don't forget us VR users!

Edited by gercarst
15 hours ago, gercarst said:

Edit: By the way, when it's time to add the manipulators, please don't forget us VR users!

was just thinking about that yesterday.  We did a comprehensive VR pass on the IXEG, so it shouldn't be any trouble.

-tkyler

MAJOR milestone finally.  the 3D is substantially complete (99.9%). Its been a tad over 2 years since I began the rework..and the 3d model is completely new from scratch and detailed enough that I should never have to update the 3D again :)....tweaks and refinements yes...major rework, no!  All the difficult 3D (mechanisms and linkages) is complete and animated.  I'll add in 3D detail as I continue, but I am now to the point where I can begin UV unwrap this week and begin texturing soon.  I'm really looking forward to this upcoming phase.

-tkyler

43823459_ScreenShot2021-08-22at3_59_48PM.png

1515575033_ScreenShot2021-08-22at4_01_52PM.png

990925043_ScreenShot2021-08-22at4_02_23PM.png

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

first insim shot of the WIP texturing.   This is by no means "what will ship",  I'm still playing with colors, woods, fabrics and am undecided on the final look of the interior, etc, but at the least you can start to get an idea of how things are going to look in sim.

Cabin.png

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 4