G5 not displaying correctly

sr707Pilot

I installed the G5 plugin, however I can not get it to display properly. I’m trying to use it with the X-Plane Laminar Research Baron 58.

When the plugin is enabled, it seems to overlay portions of the G5 display in various places on the panel, including on top of the co-pilot altimeter, transponder, yoke clocks, annunciations panel, etc. The sidebar menu displays, and I can enable and disable the plugin. It's as if it's running but not displaying properly, and I can’t click it to pop it out.

Not sure of it matters, but I'm using a Radeon RX590 with a Samsung C49HG9X monitor at 3840 X 1080 resolution.

We have the 1.2 update getting prepared to ship out that includes many improvements for the popup mode, hopefully this should be coming out any day now. In the interim, inside the acfConfig.cfg file in Baron B58/plugins/G5/settings, you can adjust g5_x_a, g5_y_a, g5_x_b, and g5_y_b such that the G5 won't render over existing gauges. (The update adds the ability to disable panel drawing and have a popup-only rendering mode.

Thanks for the help Coop. However you over estimate my programming skills...I found the file, but no idea how to adjust it. Below is what it is set to now. What do I change to put it in pop out mode automatically? I assume the G5 can just be positioned over the top of the standard attitude indicator and HSI?

# libacfutils configuration file - DO NOT EDIT!
disablepersist = 0
g5_fps_a = 20
g5_fps_b = 20
g5_h_a = 480
g5_h_b = 480
g5_lts_max = 100
g5_mtr_h_a = 810
g5_mtr_h_b = 810
g5_mtr_w_a = 773
g5_mtr_w_b = 773
g5_mtr_x_a = 0
g5_mtr_x_b = 0