VS bugs

Myunghan Son

VS bugs occured. Doesn't let me increase the rate of descend. I have to disengage the autopilot then put on the autopilot to fix increase VS. I first increased to -1600 by disconnecting autopilot. I decreased then tried to put it back to -1600, but it doesn't let me which puts me to -1500. Then I decreased again  only letting me to -1300. I don't get this error! Is it a bug or vs restriction in my settings....?

Hello!

This is a bug with the manipulator that I had once - but never again. I could not figure out what caused this.

Normally you should be able to decrease the value at liberty - if the mousewheel does not work, try to "drag" with the hand by click-holding and then dragging down.

Are you running X-Plane 11.50? There was a bug fix by Laminar Research that pertained to some manipulators not working right at certain angles...

Let me know if you spot this behaviour again or if you can figure out what triggers it?

Thank you, Jan

10 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Hello!

This is a bug with the manipulator that I had once - but never again. I could not figure out what caused this.

Normally you should be able to decrease the value at liberty - if the mousewheel does not work, try to "drag" with the hand by click-holding and then dragging down.

Are you running X-Plane 11.50? There was a bug fix by Laminar Research that pertained to some manipulators not working right at certain angles...

Let me know if you spot this behaviour again or if you can figure out what triggers it?

Thank you, Jan

Yes, I am running on 11.50 but that video was recorded in 11.41 before the update. I just forgot to report this error when I got them. Same thing happens in 11.50 so I think it is bug from IXEG.... I obviously did try to do drag and use mouse wheel but it didn't work.... I also redownloaded last time but still having same error. Will IXEG fix this error in further update? I am not satisfied with this jet with high price.....

Ok - I ran some tests on my end and I see the problem. I try to explain it:

The control wheel for the Vertical speed on the real 737 can turn "without end" - infinitely. The pilot can spin and spin and spin...it will always be able to spin more.

In X-Plane, the V/S wheel has a limit - it can only turn a set amount of revolutions. So if you spin it "down" until it stops - it can not spin "down" anymore.

So if you select V/S and then spin down to -5000 fpm - then disengage V/S - then engage it again - you can not spin down to -5000 again, because it "hits the limit".

To work around this problem you would have to "turn back" the V/S wheel while V/S is not engaged - this gives you enough "turns" again...

It is a limitation of the manipulator in X-Plane...I will talk to Tom and Ben to see if we can use another manipulator of if we can work around this problem.

I have opened an issue on our internal bug tracker and I will announce it once we find a solution.

For now - if the wheel stops - just disengage V/S (it will go to CWS P and keep the rate), spin the wheel "back" and then engage V/S again.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention (it will only happen if a user inputs large V/S values repeatedly, so no one reported this before.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan