Ground steering!!!

nightflyer256

Just purchased this today.  Got over the "how to start" problem and completed a few short flights.  Very good in the air, however I am really struggling with the taxi using rudder pedals!  I have adjusted my curves etc on my pedals but still the aircraft wants to do it own thing when taxing.  Any ideas please or does this plane need a proper cantering set up?  Cheers.

6 hours ago, Cameron said:

A rudder does not steer a Cirrus on the ground. They use a caster wheel system, which means your left and right breaks are used for turning.

Are you planning something like a toggle switch in the settings for those using joystick twist stick and no rudder pedals? Or could you plan it? :D

Right now I'm using a third party differential braking lua bound to keyboard keys, but it's extremely annoying.

'N' toggle nosewheel steering doesn't do anything at all

Edited by AirMajjistral

20 minutes ago, AirMajjistral said:

Are you planning something like a toggle switch in the settings for those using joystick twist stick and no rudder pedals? Or could you plan it? :D

Right now I'm using a third party differential braking lua bound to keyboard keys, but it's extremely annoying.

'N' toggle nosewheel steering doesn't do anything at all

Not at the moment, no. You can use a button on your joystick for each brake should you need to. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes during taxi differential braking is the only means to steer.  The TS SR22 steering is very close to what I experience in a real SR22.  On departure the rudder will help steering once you have some speed before rotation.  This plane offers a very real experience.  WRS

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Even though I have buttons on my throttle for differential brakes, I still use the rudder for steering.  Essentially, use your rudder like sensitive toe brakes; tap the rudders a bit or hold slightly to steer.  You have to guide the nosewheel in your turns because it turns as a result of the brakes, not the rudder input.  A tip or two: make sure the nosewheel is pointing straight before you stop so that it is easier to get going (such as coming up to a hold short line that is to the left or right or a parking spot).