11.50 Final and Experimental Flight Model?

Hi guys,

What is the protocol for the experimental flight model with IXEG v1.33 and 11.50? Is there a setting in plane maker to apply the Experimental flight model with this particular airplane only in 11.50 final?

Do I remember correctly that Laminar was going to give developers/users this option in Plane Maker?

One of things I find challenging, as simple as it may sound, is too remember to turn on and off the experimental flight model when switching between airplanes. Given that the simulator can take several minutes to start up, it can annoying when you have limited time after work/dinner to squeeze in a flight and you realize the experimental flight model was left on or off incorrectly.

It would be nice if this would happen automatically when switching between airplanes, which I thought I vaguely remembered reading would occur if it was specified in a future version Plane Maker.

Thanks!

Edited by Torbinator

Hi Torbinator,

you are correct - there will be a setting in planemaker to "always force experimental flight model on".

We will incorporate that in our next update - but I think you can just set the option in the .acf file yourself right now so it *should* always work. I haven´t tested this yet, but will soon.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Nice .. meanwhile, in the acf file just change this:

P acf/_use_1140_fm 0 

to this:

P acf/_use_1140_fm 1

How do you then know if the EFM is on though? Does the 733 show a warning or some such thing? Having that line in the acf file does not (predictably) set the EFM checkbox in settings to 'On'.

Edited by martinlest

There is a different trim setting during takeoff, so setting the "correct" trim will lead to higher-than usual yoke forces needed (due to different downwash model) and the drag is different (due to the different lift/drag of the fuselage during high AOA flight).

Both of these things are not super obvious, but you will notice, especially if you are used to flying "by the numbers".

Cheers, Jan