Gizmo error report

sandpatch

Posting here as recommended on discord.

I was departing from HKML on the SID when I saw  that the plane was following the SID in NAV mode but the HSI was not showing correctly even though it was in LRN1. I haven't flown with her so much so I start troubleshooting. I scrolled through the "select knob" on the left of the NAV1 when GIZMO crashed. (not a CTD but just the console showed up). Foolishly I pressed reboot and tried to continue. 

I think this is the relevant entry:

0:32:01.949 G64: timer.newOneShotEx("Saab_AP_CHP_XP_hdg_sync", 1.000): function already registered for timers.0:32:01.949 G64: error: Run(cmd): XPapHdgSync_OnStart: [string "JGX.1.Saab.00.lua.ra1"]:18133: timer.newOneShotEx("Saab_AP_CHP_XP_hdg_sync", 1.000): function already registered for timers.
0:32:02.066 G64: Run: [OnError]

I realized now that you have to set the HSI CRS manually so just a pilot error.

Oh, and everything after 0:33 can be ignored since it is me crashing after the plane reset.

Win 10, Xplane 11.41, Gizmo64 v20.07.19.0120 Windows

Log.txt

Edited by sandpatch

The Log file does not point to why you had the crash, so it may not be the Saab.

You have a LOT of plugins installed.  I would recommend the usual diagnostic protocol... remove all third party plugins from the plugin folder (except for Gizmo), store them in a safe place (not the plugins folder), and then test the Saab again.  If you do not get any crashes you can put the plugins back in the folder one at a time and test each time.  If you get a crash after re-installing a plugin, that plugin is most likely the cause of the problem.

5 minutes ago, sandpatch said:

So I removed all plugins and it happened again. It has to do when scrolling the select button really fast. It's not really a problem but more of beta report since I am using the beta gizmo. Goran had written to use beta gizmo and report errors so here it is.

Log.txt 51.31 kB · 0 downloads

The reason I asked you to try the plugin solution is that we have not had any reports similar to yours.  So, that was an attempt to eliminate possible problems.

That being said, we are very close to releasing the next version of the Saab, which will be free to all existing customers.  This should resolve all your issues as there is a newer version of Gizmo than the one you are using and the code (from the Saab) that you are reporting showing errors with the timers doesn't even exist anymore in the new version.   So, rather than trying to diagnose an issue that is "old news" (ie. old version), I ask that you be patient and let us know how the new version works when it is released.   I know that's not the answer you probably want to hear but it's probably the best for now.