Autopilot Bug SR22 with RSG GFC 700

hazeleyes

Hello! Just finished my first complete flight in the normally aspirated SR22, and I have to say, it's a remarkable aircraft! However, I noticed one issue with the autopilot: when using the RealSimGear GFC 700, when the autopilot is on and the Vertical Speed mode is selected, the nose up/down wheel function is opposite of what it should be: i.e., when you roll the wheel toward "Down" (which is physically "up"), the nose goes UP.

Otherwise, the Perspective system functions almost exactly like the real thing -- incredible work!!

On 8/29/2020 at 7:42 PM, hazeleyes said:

Hello! Just finished my first complete flight in the normally aspirated SR22, and I have to say, it's a remarkable aircraft! However, I noticed one issue with the autopilot: when using the RealSimGear GFC 700, when the autopilot is on and the Vertical Speed mode is selected, the nose up/down wheel function is opposite of what it should be: i.e., when you roll the wheel toward "Down" (which is physically "up"), the nose goes UP.

Otherwise, the Perspective system functions almost exactly like the real thing -- incredible work!!

I will reach out to RealSimGear to see if perhaps there is something in their config files. 

• Like 1

Yes, some of the RealSimGear hardware/firmware combinations have this action reversed.  Its easy to change by editing the CommandMapping.ini file found in the SR22/22T folders.

• Look for the GFC700 sections [RealSimGear-GFC700#4] and [RealSimGear-GFC700#6].
  • Find the commands: 
    ENC_Wheel_UP@sim/cockpit2/autopilot/altitude_mode#4=sim/autopilot/vertical_speed_up
    ENC_Wheel_UP@sim/cockpit2/autopilot/altitude_mode#5=sim/autopilot/airspeed_down
    ENC_Wheel_UP@sim/cockpit2/autopilot/altitude_mode#6=sim/autopilot/altitude_up
    ENC_Wheel_DN@sim/cockpit2/autopilot/altitude_mode#4=sim/autopilot/vertical_speed_down
    ENC_Wheel_DN@sim/cockpit2/autopilot/altitude_mode#5=sim/autopilot/airspeed_up
    ENC_Wheel_DN@sim/cockpit2/autopilot/altitude_mode#6=sim/autopilot/altitude_down
    And change the last values to match what you need to do, ie:
    ENC_Wheel_UP@sim/cockpit2/autopilot/altitude_mode#4=sim/autopilot/vertical_speed_down
    ENC_Wheel_UP@sim/cockpit2/autopilot/altitude_mode#5=sim/autopilot/airspeed_down
    ENC_Wheel_UP@sim/cockpit2/autopilot/altitude_mode#6=sim/autopilot/altitude_up
    ENC_Wheel_DN@sim/cockpit2/autopilot/altitude_mode#4=sim/autopilot/vertical_speed_up
    ENC_Wheel_DN@sim/cockpit2/autopilot/altitude_mode#5=sim/autopilot/airspeed_up
    ENC_Wheel_DN@sim/cockpit2/autopilot/altitude_mode#6=sim/autopilot/altitude_down
  • Save the file, and reload X-Plane

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1