FMC directing fuction problem

Myunghanson

I was approaching Jeju in Korea. I got instruction of cancelling SID and go direct to fix point HANUL after fix point DOTOL. So, I pasted HANUL right after DOTOL in FMC to make directing function happen. And, weird circle was made on DOTOL which made airplane to spin..... I had to change to the heading mode and it was bit awful.

In the picture, you see a crazy circle made on DOTOL which I shouldn't get for trying to direct to some waypoint.

20200826_223140.jpg

Hi,

I have seen this some times as well - it seems to be happening whenever there is a "turn direction" specified in the relevant SID or STAR.

So the coding of the SID would be: After DOTOL turn RIGHT to ....

So when you past something after DOTOL, the FMC will still adhere to the instructions of turning right, even if turning left will be shorter.

To fix this you can wait until you are almost at DOTOL and then enter HANUL on the first line (as a direct-to).

Cheers, Jan

So there isn't a way to fix this problem because it is the problem with the airac2009?? I hope this can be fixed because this is not happening in real aircraft. This is very expensive aircraft and I would like to see better quality in FMC if it is a problem inside the IXEG B73e. If it is problem with navigraph let me know.