Jerky camera panning and taxiing

Mark B

I get about 60 fps fact and 70bfps fsim but sometimes I get the camera panning in a jerky movement (not mouse rotation, just translate left/right and forward /back) and taxiing is all jerk, moving and pausing about 2hz. Xp plugin performance graph showed the tbm at about 25% and this fluctuated at the save frequency as the jerkiness. I am on the latest vulkan build. Normally my tbm resource use is sbout 3-4%. Any idea what the issue is? 

Same issue here. When I pan to the sides it is very jerky and FPS drops by 10-15 frames. If I turn reflections off, this helps but so far I haven't run into this issue with my other addon aircraft yet. This is with running Vulkan. Also on the compatibility list, I noticed I have XP realistic installed, but I haven't noticed any issues within the sim. 

• 2 months later...

I am still running into this issue even though 11.5 is now final. I went through and made sure all of my addons are compatible but it appears I only get this camera stutter with the TBM. It is especially noticeable when zooming in and out with the mouse wheel. There are half second pauses when I zoom in/out. I originally thought it was related to Gizmo, but disabling the plugin makes no difference (other than render the aircraft unusable obviously).

Have you tried it without other plugins?

To really get to the root of the issue, you need to isolate the TBM, by not having any other plugins running.  If the issue still persists with just the TBM, and no other plugins, then we can start looking into TBM issues and any possible conflicts.  Also, a log.txt file would be very helpful.