Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic v1.33 Update Released!

Cameron

Hi Beachdog,

I assume you are talking about "track up" - there is no option to have "north up" - except for the PLAN mode (we have that as well).

this has been requested a few times - appearantly a few airlines are operating with this option.

I have an issue in our gitHub with this request, but it is a fairly invasive coding effort, so I am not sure when we will get to it.

From a philosophical standpoint I can only say that flying with "track up" seems to be wrong to me - its like having an attitude indicator where the little aircraft banks, instead of staying steady in relation to the horizon and the attitude indicator banking and pitchting  (staying fixed) with the aircraft.

In my opinion, the top of the map should always be pointing where the aircraft is pointing. That way you see objects on the map at the same relative bearing as they are in real life. Imagine flying at a 20 degree crab angle, due to strong crosswind. Now you want to see the airport - on your (track up) map it is straight ahead, but if you look straight out of the window, it can´t be seen (because its 20 degrees off to the side).

Cheers, Jan

Hello IXEG team,

I was doing a flight from CYYZ to KMSP and I was expecting MUSCL3 arrival with no specific runway information due to I was enroute with the Center controller; I was able to check the ATIS so runway 30L and 30R were assigned for landing, I chose 30R (runway only with no approach procedure) in order to enable the STAR. Once I changed to the Approach controller he told me to expect ILS 30L so I went to DEP/ARR menu on the MCDU but I couldnt change the approach procedure, I clicked many times on KMSP ARR but nothing happened so I ended up flying manually to the 30L.

Did I do something wrong?.

Thank you very much for the response.

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

Hi - can you tell me which dataset (Navigraph or Aerosoft) you are using so I can check this on my end?

Normally when you click on the ARR line-select key it will offer you ALL available runways, so I am not sure what went wrong :-(

Cheers, Jan

Hello Jan, thanks for your time.

I have the Navigraph suscription so the 737 AIRAC is updated to cycle 2009.

Ok, I just tried with my navigraph dataset and it works as expected.

Here on the first pic I selected the MUSCLE3 with ILS30R and the TRTL approach transition:

1377592164_ILS30R.thumb.jpg.0eeb3040090d63a435644fe8e26412b6.jpg

Then (assuming I got instructions to change to ILS30L) I clicked on DEP/ARR then on ARR (next to KMSP) and got this page:

1082805193_optionsfor30L.thumb.jpg.b6a8ab37246def276058641e6d3902dd.jpg

Now all I had to do was click next to ILS30L and it worked fine...

Maybe you can "drytest" this again on your side and tell me the sequence of events (or even better make a short video) so I can see if its a genuine bug, an error with the dataset (those happen quite a bit) or something unexpected you did?

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

4 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Ok, I just tried with my navigraph dataset and it works as expected.

Here on the first pic I selected the MUSCLE3 with ILS30R and the TRTL approach transition:

1377592164_ILS30R.thumb.jpg.0eeb3040090d63a435644fe8e26412b6.jpg

Then (assuming I got instructions to change to ILS30L) I clicked on DEP/ARR then on ARR (next to KMSP) and got this page:

1082805193_optionsfor30L.thumb.jpg.b6a8ab37246def276058641e6d3902dd.jpg

Now all I had to do was click next to ILS30L and it worked fine...

Maybe you can "drytest" this again on your side and tell me the sequence of events (or even better make a short video) so I can see if its a genuine bug, an error with the dataset (those happen quite a bit) or something unexpected you did?

Cheers, Jan

May you please try just selecting the MUSCL3 arrival with runway 30R (only runway, no ILS approach)?, then try to change to ILS 30L, that is what I did.

1 hour ago, jarisaizprua said:

Well it worked also for me now but I'm on ground just checking the changes, I have to check it while enroute.

Thank you Jan.

Yeah, sometimes the code is weird like that - it could very well be that it somehow choked up in that particular situation when you were flying. If that ever happens again, please let us know - with as many details as possible (i.e. route entered, wether route was closed or had DISCO´s etc...)

Thanks, Jan

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Sergio Morozov said:

How do I change the number of passengers in ixeg?

Well, you are the Captain. Just tell them to get the *** out of your airplane! ;-)

Increasing the numbers is - as unfortunately we now experience at my airline - not quite so easy.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
48 minutes ago, ArthurSG006 said:

I know it's difficult to talk about ETA, but are we close yet? Maybe this month?

What Cameron said. And definitely not this month. Events in Texas certainly threw a big wrench into the wheel. It is really hard to do good development work in a cold house with a computer that has no electricity.

Edited by Litjan
  • Like 5

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if anyone still got a working link to the latest version of Gizmo64 compatible with X-Plane 10. I like to fly IXEG 737 in X-Plane 10 for its great flight model, especially when I want to hand fly it. Unfortunately the version downloaded by the 1.33 installer doesn't work and is not detected by the sim even if I choose the X-Plane 10 option and point to its root folder as required.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Mohamed Adnane SALHANI

• 1 month later...

Good Day Dear Developers!
Please tell me if work is underway to improve and update the ixeg 737 after the MU2 project, as mentioned earlier?
At what stage of development is the ixeg737 project and how long will it all take?
Thank you for the answers

P.S. Will I live to see the next product update?

• Litjan unpinned this topic