Realism GTN 750 with XAV SR22 ?

Henry

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/17/2020 at 12:21 PM, Cameron said:

Why would you actually want to?

@Cameron

I use my simulator (6DOF w/single seat cockpit fully encapsulated) to keep sharp on muscle memory, work-load management and spatial orientation/disorientation...   Thus need the plane model's physics and cockpit to somewhat represent reality (or as best as possible)...  That would be the big "WHY" for me (and I"m guessing that's a similar case with @Henry and others too).

It might be unreasonable to request a plane model that could have options to customize the avionics with both old and new technology in it.  It's funny it would be considered an unreasonable request, because in the real world, most aircraft are that way, built with old and upgraded newer technology.  But it's a game, not reality, so they offer the newest and greatest stuff for the most part...  Thus the need for Plug-ins.

Many enthusiast have built cockpits to represents the plane they own.  I'm one of them, gone to "stupid" lengths (using Air Manager, touch screens, Arduino board, physical knobs and switches, RealityXP,  RealSimGear) to build completely my Avidyne PFD & MFD and other avionics.

Yes... The work on these G1000's is fantastic...  Would love to get them into my real plane, but that's not going to happen unless I win the lotto :)

34 minutes ago, Pattism said:

@Cameron

I use my simulator (6DOF w/single seat cockpit fully encapsulated) to keep sharp on muscle memory, work-load management and spatial orientation/disorientation...   Thus need the plane model's physics and cockpit to somewhat represent reality (or as best as possible)...  That would be the big "WHY" for me (and I"m guessing that's a similar case with @Henry and others too).

It might be unreasonable to request a plane model that could have options to customize the avionics with both old and new technology in it.  It's funny it would be considered an unreasonable request, because in the real world, most aircraft are that way, built with old and upgraded newer technology.

Trust me, I'm not oblivious to this kind of thing when it comes to upgrades in real aircraft. However, this is an SR22 with Garmin Perspective avionics. It's not realistic to do this kind of change. In an Avidyne equipped SR22 that has designated slots for a GPS (or dual), sure, but not Garmin Perspective equipped aircraft. There's no room for it, it's not intended for it, and I can't ever see it being certified for such.

So, my question of "why" stands. It makes no sense.

• 5 months later...