FPS?

simbabeat

An overwhelming majority have reported great performance. 

The aircraft will use the resources you give it, but in terms of CPU utilization, the aircraft uses very, very little on the main thread. In terms of GPU, it should be similar to other high fidelity aircraft models.

4 hours ago, Orlando Cuesta said:

Hello
Simbabeat is right. After update 1.0.1 also I have experienced a drop in Frames. Could you review and correct it?

Simbabeat isn't "right" about anything. He hasn't yet bought the product.

As a whole I've seen some people mention FPS issues lately with 11.50 no matter what aircraft they use. Nothing was really significantly changed in a way that would affect FPS in the SR22, and I have not yet received similar reports to yours.

52 minutes ago, Orlando Cuesta said:

Cameron :

Well I do not know if Simbabeat already bought it or not, but I did buy the SR22 and I have experienced a decrease in frames after the 1.0.1 update. Please review that situation and fix it.

Thanks for your support

No changes were made in the 1.0.1 update that would affect performance. I would advise to check your scenery and weather configurations.

Hello Coop :

I am not a programmer but my suspicions are among the modifications that you made in update 1.0.1 it is perhaps those that you made in the panel: [SR22-365] - G1000 Pixel Effect Visibility is probably the cause of the drop of frames that I am experiencing . Also and I had not mentioned another problem that occurred is that the letters of the console became more blurred and it is difficult to read the indications for example in the area of the speeds that are on the left side of the instrument panel. Also the letters of the buttons of the panel of Batteries, Alternators, Lights and Anti-ice System the letters are also more blurred.

The parameters within the simulator in all the graphical and climatological items are the same that I am using in version 1.0.0 and now in version 1.0.1

2 hours ago, Orlando Cuesta said:

Cameron :

Well I do not know if Simbabeat already bought it or not, but I did buy the SR22 and I have experienced a decrease in frames after the 1.0.1 update. Please review that situation and fix it.

Thanks for your support

It was pretty clear that Simbabeat didn't purchase it if you had actually read what he wrote.

Your suspicions about pixel effect are wrong.

Hello all...

Just to give my contribution on this subject. My system is quite power and on 11.50 I'm not experiencing any major drops on FPS on any plane that I have.

But regarding the SR22 I do notice a drop in FPS especially when setting antialiasing to 4x SSAA+FXAA and metal selected, yes I'm on Mac.

If drop the AA to 2x then runs smooth.

My rig is an Hackintosh, 9900K overclocked 4.9, 64 gb mem, RX5700X 8gb and a dual 4k screens (but when flying the other monitor is OFF).

Any ideas on why there is a decrease on performance? On TBM, Toliss, Carenado, and others I can run with over 40 FPS over for example NY from DD.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Orlando Cuesta said:

Hello Coop :

I am not a programmer but my suspicions are among the modifications that you made in update 1.0.1 it is perhaps those that you made in the panel: [SR22-365] - G1000 Pixel Effect Visibility is probably the cause of the drop of frames that I am experiencing . Also and I had not mentioned another problem that occurred is that the letters of the console became more blurred and it is difficult to read the indications for example in the area of the speeds that are on the left side of the instrument panel. Also the letters of the buttons of the panel of Batteries, Alternators, Lights and Anti-ice System the letters are also more blurred.

The parameters within the simulator in all the graphical and climatological items are the same that I am using in version 1.0.0 and now in version 1.0.1

SR22-365 was adding the ability for this effect to disable in certain circumstances (HDR not on, VR enabled, or manually toggled in settings.cfg). This effect used to be always on, so this would not have caused a performance impact.

I'll take a look at the lettering

As another anecdote to performance. It's fine here. Depending on what scenery I'm around I'm seeing 50+ fps which falls right in line with IXEG 737, Toliss Airbuses, or any of the other more "intense" planes I fly (Granted I get around somewhere like KATL with Nimbus scenery and a lot of TrafficGlobal going on this can drop to as low as 40's on the ground and 30's flying above). Before/After the patch there has been no difference in performance on my end to the better or worse. 

Added system information: i9-9900K, 64GB Ram, 2080Ti, Windows 10, 11.50 B17 Vulkan

_1.png

Edited by qazme
Added settings screenshot / system specs (whoops settings from 2018 before upgrade - changed to todays settings)

6 hours ago, malenca said:

Hello all...

Just to give my contribution on this subject. My system is quite power and on 11.50 I'm not experiencing any major drops on FPS on any plane that I have.

But regarding the SR22 I do notice a drop in FPS especially when setting antialiasing to 4x SSAA+FXAA and metal selected, yes I'm on Mac.

If drop the AA to 2x then runs smooth.

My rig is an Hackintosh, 9900K overclocked 4.9, 64 gb mem, RX5700X 8gb and a dual 4k screens (but when flying the other monitor is OFF).

Any ideas on why there is a decrease on performance? On TBM, Toliss, Carenado, and others I can run with over 40 FPS over for example NY from DD.

Thanks

My pet peeve: "I don't have this problem with X product."

People need to knock that off.

Vertices count, texture sizes, programming, etc all contribute to resource use. Comparing products as an explanation of your performance is absolutely useless from a support standpoint.

Since you're saying your performance degrades after a higher AA setting, I'm going to assume aircraft object density is at play.

I also remember AA issues with AMD cards that are known, but I'm not sure if they were applicable to Metal or only Vulkan.

Cameron: ¨ Vertices count, texture sizes, programming, etc all contribute to resource use. Comparing products as an explanation of your performance is absolutely useless from a support standpoint ¨   ......  

Maybe you are right up to a point but from the point of view of us your customers it is important because we, unlike you, are not programmers and the only way we have to evaluate a product is by using it and seeing how it performs on our systems. I know there are many variables to consider but in my case unfortunately it is my word against yours. I have not changed any variable on my computer in hardware or in the parameters within the simulator, for that reason it was very evident that "something" changed after the update.

1 hour ago, Orlando Cuesta said:

Cameron: ¨ Vertices count, texture sizes, programming, etc all contribute to resource use. Comparing products as an explanation of your performance is absolutely useless from a support standpoint ¨   ......  

Maybe you are right up to a point but from the point of view of us your customers it is important because we, unlike you, are not programmers and the only way we have to evaluate a product is by using it and seeing how it performs on our systems. I know there are many variables to consider but in my case unfortunately it is my word against yours. I have not changed any variable on my computer in hardware or in the parameters within the simulator, for that reason it was very evident that "something" changed after the update.

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I said.