RealSimGear G1000 doesn't work in "Forward with No Display" View

Lon

I am using SR22 version 1.0.1 with a RealSimGear G1000. The buttons and knobs on the RSG G1000 work fine when the display on my main monitor is "Forward with 3-D Panel." But when the display on my main monitor is "Forward with No Display," the RSG G1000's buttons and knobs do not work.

Is this a glitch, or is it simply necessary to use the "Forward with 3-D Panel" in order to use the RSG G1000?

Edited by Lon
Fixed typo

1 hour ago, Lon said:

I am using SR22 version 1.0.1 with a RealSimGear G1000. The buttons and knobs on the RSG G1000 work fine when the display on my main monitor is "Forward with 3-D Panel." But when the display on my main monitor is "Forward with No Display," the RSG G1000's buttons and knobs do not work.

Is this a glitch, or is it simply necessary to use the "Forward with 3-D Panel" in order to use the RSG G1000?

Right now our rendering system requires Forward with 3-D Panel to be enabled. We are looking into the technical requirements for adding a 2D rendering mode.

OK. That explains it.

RSG G1000 doesn't need a 2D rendering mode. I like to use it in "Forward with No Display" mode, so that my main monitor is the equivalent of looking out the windscreen, and the RSG G1000 serves as the avionics display.

On 8/5/2020 at 7:15 AM, Cameron said:

Move your 3D cockpit camera up so that it appears you're looking out over the glareshield like in a real aircraft. This is what we do in professional sim setups.

So I've done this, and for me, it's not a good solution. Unlike a real aircraft where the propeller is invisible, the spinning propeller in the TorqueSim SR22 not only can be seen, even at 2500 rpm, it's a real distraction after just a few minutes. If you know of a technique to make the TorqueSim propeller invisible when looking over the glareshield, I'd love to hear how. Otherwise, this means that the TorqueSim SR22 is not really a good aircraft to use with RealSimGear's G1000, for me.

Edited by Lon

• 1 year later...

My sim includes the RealSimGear G1000 suite. In order to get it to work, I've been using Cirrus version 1.2.0 with the 3D cockpit camera moved up, so it appears I'm looking out over the glareshield, just as you suggested back in August 2020. However, doing this cuts down the field of view very substantially, and I don't like that.

I'd really like to use the RSG Suite with the "Forward with No Display" view, the way I can with the Laminar Cessna 172. You explained why that couldn't be done, back in 2020. Have you figured out a workaround yet, and if so, is it in version 1.3?

4 hours ago, Lon said:

My sim includes the RealSimGear G1000 suite. In order to get it to work, I've been using Cirrus version 1.2.0 with the 3D cockpit camera moved up, so it appears I'm looking out over the glareshield, just as you suggested back in August 2020. However, doing this cuts down the field of view very substantially, and I don't like that.

I'd really like to use the RSG Suite with the "Forward with No Display" view, the way I can with the Laminar Cessna 172. You explained why that couldn't be done, back in 2020. Have you figured out a workaround yet, and if so, is it in version 1.3?

No, you must still be in 3D cockpit mode. If you have all the switches and don't need to see any of the 3D, you can follow these steps to hide the aircraft objects entirely: https://support.torquesim.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500001375261-Hiding-the-SR20-SR22-3D-cockpit-for-full-hardware-cockpit-setups