Square Sun

mjrhealth

That's pretty weird; just tried and I can't get that to happen here using b17. Can you tell me more about your graphics settings (Vulkan? HDR? AA?) Are you using the latest version of SMP? Any specific sky color set? A log.txt might help too.

My best guess is that it's somehow specific to when the sun is exactly at that height in the sky; the "box" looks to be in the area where our Hosek-Wilkie sky would blend in with X-Plane's default sky near the horizon.  Couldn't get it to happen here though. If I'm right, changing the sky colors in SMP to something else (like default) would clear it up.

7 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Yes all upt o date, and i did notice if you move around you can make it dissapear, don't think i have any sky color set.

Can you provide the other information I asked for? And confirm what sky colors are selected in your SkyMaxx Pro configuration screen?

1 hour ago, sundog said:

Can you provide the other information I asked for? And confirm what sky colors are selected in your SkyMaxx Pro configuration screen?

Its the wilkie one.

I took 2 screen shots, first after i went through all the colours than selected wilke and second same setting after restart, Seems a refresh fixes it, but comes back after restart. Vulcan b17 also in 16, 2xAA i think second notch, and HDR I love my light.

Cessna_172SP - 2020-08-01 8.15.14 AM.png

Cessna_172SP - 2020-08-01 08.18.21.png

Log.txt

Edited by mjrhealth

Thanks. Those are exactly the same settings I was using, so I'm thinking this is somehow triggered by some object in your view that is corrupting X-Plane's graphics state. You said that "if you move around you can make it disappear" - what's probably happening is that whatever object is causing the problem is moving out of view when that happens.

It could be third party scenery, a third party aircraft, or some other add-on that's the root cause of this.

If you don't feel like trying to track down which one it is, there's a good chance that setting the sky color to "default" and restarting will clear it up. Re-installing SMP might also be worth a shot, in case our sun texture somehow got mixed up.

5 hours ago, sundog said:

Thanks. Those are exactly the same settings I was using, so I'm thinking this is somehow triggered by some object in your view that is corrupting X-Plane's graphics state. You said that "if you move around you can make it disappear" - what's probably happening is that whatever object is causing the problem is moving out of view when that happens.

It could be third party scenery, a third party aircraft, or some other add-on that's the root cause of this.

If you don't feel like trying to track down which one it is, there's a good chance that setting the sky color to "default" and restarting will clear it up. Re-installing SMP might also be worth a shot, in case our sun texture somehow got mixed up.

I dont have any third part scenery. Just planes and default airports. I might try reinstall just in case

According to your log you've got quite a few addon airports installed. I don't know if any affect the area you're flying at, though. Did you try changing the sky color in SMP's settings to default?

I found the following scenery packages (prioritized in this order):
  0 Custom Scenery/YMIA - Mildura/
  1 Custom Scenery/Williamstown/
  2 Custom Scenery/YORG - Orange/
  3 Custom Scenery/YSBK Bankstown/
  4 Custom Scenery/YWCH-Walcha/
  5 Custom Scenery/YARM- Armidale/
  6 Custom Scenery/YCKN-Cooktown/
  7 Custom Scenery/YSNF - Norfol Island/
  8 Custom Scenery/YPPD - Port Headland/
  9 Custom Scenery/YBCS - Cairns/
 10 Custom Scenery/zzz_new_zealand/