Frames being hit heavily often

TheTrueDuck

Hello, all!

First of all, apologies if this has been discussed on another topic. I could not find something similar to the issue I am experiencing.

When loading the BN-2 Islander, often during the game play the frames take a heavy hit (sometimes every 5 ~ 10 seconds). I am talking about sudden 30 ~ 40 drops.

I was able to record a video of the issue (and hopefully I can attach it here). At the video, you can see that I am running XP11 at around 28 ~ 35 FPS, and occasionally the FPS drops to below 10 during the startup. The issue persists for the whole flight. I tried disabling passengers and mirror reflection, but nothing changed. Please keep an eye at the FPS during the video.

Please assist. Thank you in advance.

EDIT:

If it might help: I am running XP 11.41 and that was default scenery on the video.

EDIT 2:

Attaching .log file if it might help.

Log.txt

Edited by TheTrueDuck

Disable SAM and AS and see what happens. If its resolved you could add them back in one at a time and check XP to see which is causing this. If not these then the terrain radar plugin would be my next guess.

If no joy there you may be hitting the limits of your GPU so try reducing the XP graphics settings.

Hi, pdg17!

Thank you for your message :)

Unfortunately I tried disabling all my plugins on XP11 (with the exception of Gizmos and the BN2 Islander plugins) but the issue persisted.

My settings are already low, and I don't think they might cause the issue since not even the Zibo 737 has this problem.

I appreciate any more help I can get :)

Thank you!

Hello, Coop!

Thank you for your attention! :)

Unfortunately the issues does not seem related to the VRAM. I lowered my textures but the issue persisted.

I monitored one of my flights with NZXT Cam to check the GPU usage. I am attaching its performance during takeoff and landing.

The sudden low spikes are when the FPS drops below 15 ~ 10 and - as you can see - they (mostly) occur when the GPU is only about 75% ~ 80%.

Please note that this issue does not occur when I am flying the Zibo (I am kinda new to Flight Sim, so I only own the Zibo and now the Islander that are not default). Unfortunately seems that something on the Islander is affecting my FPS, somehow.

Hope to hear from you again soon! :)

Thank you.

landing.JPG

takeoff.JPG

Edited by TheTrueDuck

We don't run any processes at a set interval that would cause slowdowns like this, so it is most likely due to the CPU or GPU being taxed by something else. I would try adjusting graphical settings and/or temporarily removing other plugins and see if you can find a cause of the slowdown.