Persistence Issues

wired521

Hey everyone,

Not sure if it's just me... but I did 1 (only 1 so far) flight yesterday and quite a few items did not persist. I looked at doing another flight today at noticed the following:

1. The remaining oil yesterday was below 8 qts; today when I loaded a new flight it's filled back to capacity
  2. The tie-downs and cover were no longer set
  3. The Hobs and Flight Time were back to the default (5.6 hours and 3.2 respectively, this is what they were yesterday before the flight).
  4. Safety pin was reinstalled for the "Oh crap" parachute handle (I know I forgot this yesterday... oops :) )
  5. Fuel state was back to full
  6. Oxygen state was back to full

Interestingly enough, some other items did persist:

1. Custom tail number
  2. Wear and tear settings are still enabled (were enabled yesterday as well).
  3. Fuel shutoff lever position
  4. Oxygen flow setting

This was the TN version if that helps. Any ideas?

6 minutes ago, akatham said:

Still having the Issue with 1.0.1 that persistance does not work. Ironically even the persistant setting does not persist.

Can you send your log.txt file? Also, can you send the in SR22 (or TN) /plugins/sr_systems/settings/ (persist.cfg) and (settings.cfg) 

Attached here. Log_1.txt is where i started the plane, turned all systems and the engine on and enabled persistance.

Log_2.txt is the second run after that where the plane started out completely turned off (including the persistance setting)

persist.cfg and settings.cfg are after the second run, where everything was off.

Edit: what i noticed in the log file that at start it creates the cfg files and when i quit x-plane it says destroying them...

Log_1.txt Log_2.txt persist.cfg settings.cfg

Edited by akatham

2 hours ago, akatham said:

Attached here. Log_1.txt is where i started the plane, turned all systems and the engine on and enabled persistance.

Log_2.txt is the second run after that where the plane started out completely turned off (including the persistance setting)

persist.cfg and settings.cfg are after the second run, where everything was off.

Edit: what i noticed in the log file that at start it creates the cfg files and when i quit x-plane it says destroying them...

Log_1.txt 114.93 kB · 1 download Log_2.txt 113.53 kB · 1 download persist.cfg 1.09 kB · 0 downloads settings.cfg 239 B · 0 downloads

When you turn on persistence systems in settings, does the line "disable_persist" in settings.cfg turn to 0 for you? Then can you try reloading the sim and seeing if persistent systems is where you left it?

18 hours ago, Coop said:

When you turn on persistence systems in settings, does the line "disable_persist" in settings.cfg turn to 0 for you? Then can you try reloading the sim and seeing if persistent systems is where you left it?

No, it does not. When i manually change it to 0 while the sim is running, it stays that way even if i restart X-Plane, but the persistance still does not work correctly. I quit X-Plane with bat1+2, alt1+2, avionics and strobe turned on, tank selector to l, and the engine running. When i restarted X-Plane, All the switches (including ice etc.) where turned on, tank selector was was turned off, and the engine did not run (throttle + mixture where at zero).

Also the static elements (except the plane cover / tiedown) where enabled, although i removed them prior to restart.

Edited by akatham

1 hour ago, akatham said:

No, it does not. When i manually change it to 0 while the sim is running, it stays that way even if i restart X-Plane, but the persistance still does not work correctly. I quit X-Plane with bat1+2, alt1+2, avionics and strobe turned on, tank selector to l, and the engine running. When i restarted X-Plane, All the switches (including ice etc.) where turned on, tank selector was was turned off, and the engine did not run (throttle + mixture where at zero).

Also the static elements (except the plane cover / tiedown) where enabled, although i removed them prior to restart.

Making the change while the sim is running wouldn't do anything as the file would have already been read. The file would need to be changed before loading the SR22. 

The engine running or not will always depend on the X-Plane "start with engine running" setting. That we do not persist between loads of the sim.

5 minutes ago, Coop said:

Making the change while the sim is running wouldn't do anything as the file would have already been read. The file would need to be changed before loading the SR22. 

The engine running or not will always depend on the X-Plane "start with engine running" setting. That we do not persist between loads of the sim.

Yeah, but manually changing the persistant setting in the config file was the only way to get it to stick. I just noticed it did not change when i turn it on via dialog. And afterwards (reloading the sim) at least the persistant setting is now persistant.

Engine running not persistant ok, working as designed.

But the switch and static elements settings did not persist, either.

5 minutes ago, akatham said:

Yeah, but manually changing the persistant setting in the config file was the only way to get it to stick. I just noticed it did not change when i turn it on via dialog. And afterwards (reloading the sim) at least the persistant setting is now persistant.

Engine running not persistant ok, working as designed.

But the switch and static elements settings did not persist, either.

Are you starting with the "Engines Running" checkbox in X-Plane?

Hey @Coop ,

Thanks for the 1.0.1 update. Here's what I'm seeing:

1. The remaining oil yesterday was below 8 qts; today when I loaded a new flight it's filled back to capacity (FIXED)
  2. The tie-downs and cover were no longer set (Will test)
  3. The Hobs and Flight Time were back to the default (5.6 hours and 3.2 respectively, this is what they were yesterday before the flight).  (FIXED)
  4. Safety pin was reinstalled for the "Oh crap" parachute handle (I know I forgot this yesterday... oops :) ) (Will test)
  5. Fuel state was back to full  (FIXED)
  6. Oxygen state was back to full  (FIXED)

Really enjoying this aircraft! 

Edited by wired521

Same here with the 1.0.0 yesterday I lost my 19,7 hours Flight Time and it got back to the value default

Now I'm downloading the 1.0.1 but by reading you guys it seems that the issue is still there, it happened twice before but since July 26th it didn't happen except yesterday where I lost everything in terms of persistence system...

The goal is too feel this beautiful bird alive and not having a brand new after 20 hours in the skies... however it's such a fantastic addon and its first steps so hopefully this issue will be fixed or is already ...

20200804_193636.jpg

20200805_173650.jpg

Edited by LKN

12 hours ago, LKN said:

Same here with the 1.0.0 yesterday I lost my 19,7 hours Flight Time and it got back to the value default

Now I'm downloading the 1.0.1 but by reading you guys it seems that the issue is still there, it happened twice before but since July 26th it didn't happen except yesterday where I lost everything in terms of persistence system...

The goal is too feel this beautiful bird alive and not having a brand new after 20 hours in the skies... however it's such a fantastic addon and its first steps so hopefully this issue will be fixed or is already ...

20200804_193636.jpg

20200805_173650.jpg

Hi, 

if you like to bring your hobbs time back, find \Output\SR22\TN_State.txt  and edit the value(s) you need.  Numbers are in seconds iirc (20hrs = 20*60*60)

Run a copy first and keep a backup of the folder until fixed

Oliver

• Like 2

On 8/7/2020 at 8:00 AM, JetNoise said:

if you like to bring your hobbs time back, find \Output\SR22\TN_State.txt  and edit the value(s) you need.  Numbers are in seconds iirc (20hrs = 20*60*60)

Run a copy first and keep a backup of the folder until fixed

Thank you very JetNoise! Good to know! Precious information!

Happy Flyings Captain

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2020 at 11:01 PM, Coop said:

This seems to be mainly rooted in the CTD issue as the physics/engine/systems status seems to be failing to persist. We have identified the issue and are implementing the fix.

What about aircraft position when ending flight. Correct me if im wrong but it positions your plane in the closest parking spot or runway. So would it be possible to have plane situated exactly where you left it?

39 minutes ago, simmeri said:

What about aircraft position when ending flight. Correct me if im wrong but it positions your plane in the closest parking spot or runway. So would it be possible to have plane situated exactly where you left it?

This functionality is provided by X-Plane itself. Adding some sort of internal slew mode is not currently on our short list, something we might consider down the road. For now, just imagine that the FBO line workers moved your plane around to the spot they want it at ^_^

• Like 1

The one persistence issue I am having is the cabin LED lights and then the ice lights / pitot heat switches.

I start with engines running. When I restart the sim, red cabin LED lights, ice lights / pitot heat is always on even though I turn them off before exiting.

I also tried manually changing the persist.cfg file but as you start plane it defaults back to the switches being on.

If I re-load a flight, the persistence will maintain its status.  However, as soon as I exit x-plane, all settings are lost.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by John T.

On 9/16/2020 at 10:06 AM, John T. said:

The one persistence issue I am having is the cabin LED lights and then the ice lights / pitot heat switches.

I start with engines running. When I restart the sim, red cabin LED lights, ice lights / pitot heat is always on even though I turn them off before exiting.

I also tried manually changing the persist.cfg file but as you start plane it defaults back to the switches being on.

If I re-load a flight, the persistence will maintain its status.  However, as soon as I exit x-plane, all settings are lost.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Starting with engine running will override any persistence settings and set all the switches to a generic flight configuration.