I'm not discouraged

snomhf

FYI

Though I've put the cover on my 22, I'm not sorry I purchased this plane.   I'm confident it will be a fine addition to my fleet eventually.  Just for the record, here are the reasons I have mine parked:

1. CDT

2. Ridiculous startup.   Mine even died while taxiing to the runway; well over 1000 rpm, plenty of gas, everything in the green.  I never got it to start back up.  Ended up having to reload.

3. Pitiful frame rates.   About the same as the HMB.   Disappointed in that.

4. Does not work right with FSEconomy.   I have to play tricks with the fuel load else I get "Refueling in flight, cancelling"

Since I have gone back to the HMB,  after flying the G3, I realize how inferior the HMB plane is to the G3.  I think patience is the proper response to all this.   It doesn't take much to see the effort put into this project and I really hate to say bad things about it.   I have no regrets.   I will wait this out.  I'm sure things will get worked out.  I for one (and I hope I'm not alone on this) am glad this plane targets 11.50 as that is the future of X-Plane and I would have hesitated to buy it if it had been targeted for 11.41.   Thank you very much guys!   This is going to be a fantastic aircraft!

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback,

1. We have identified the cause and we our implementing the fix currently! We will get the 1.0.1 update with this out ASAP
  2. With the custom engine model, there are quite a few edge cases we are finding. 1.0.1 will have our first (of as many as it needs) iterations improving behaviors.
  3. We will still be optimizing the mesh, and we plan on offering a 2K texture pack once the paint kit is ready.
  4. We are adding an FS Economy override. This will either be in 1.0.1 or the following update (the CTD bug is our priority, so we will push that update as soon as it is ready)

There is certainly a lot more to come with the SR22 :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The fix to the FSE refuel issue happens with other planes too. If you set your fuel load 5 gallons less than you purchase in FSE it doesn't give you the warning. It would be nice however to be able to fully utilize 80 gallons. So the fix coming would be terrific!

• Like 1

I had an interesting situation yesterday in the TN - was flying at FL20 using power settings as per the ref tables (85% - 2500RPM - 17.6 gah) CHT on cylinders 2&3 overheated (well in to the ‘red’) then reduced to 0, ie there were no temps recorded on the engine screen.  This was followed by all cylinders reducing to 0 temp, but the engine continued to run without problem? Is that right? 

11 hours ago, Aedui said:

I had an interesting situation yesterday in the TN - was flying at FL20 using power settings as per the ref tables (85% - 2500RPM - 17.6 gah) CHT on cylinders 2&3 overheated (well in to the ‘red’) then reduced to 0, ie there were no temps recorded on the engine screen.  This was followed by all cylinders reducing to 0 temp, but the engine continued to run without problem? Is that right? 

Looking at the perf tables at 170+ 59% @ 13.9GPH is the max perf setting. Sounds like you might have fouled the plugs? That would cause the temps to go to 0 but the engine continuing to run. It doesn't show 85% being used for cruise past 6000-8000 feet. Normally at 200+ I'm running 50-55% power 2500rpm @ 12.5 - 13 GPH. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aedui said:

Must’ve been looking at the wrong tables. Amazing simulation though !! 

Check Section 5-8 in the manual. I'm not sure if they cut this directly from the real manual or if it's what it maps to in simulation. But so far those values have been flawless for me. The simulation is really good with this plane, I've seen it do things you don't see often in GA Xplane that's for sure.

• Like 2