Angry....Beta release only.

Aleksandar

Edited with update information:

I was a little miffed that the SR22 was released for 11.50 Beta only; a full product release on a testing platform rather than stable didn't make sense to me, as that implies the SR22 is also a Beta.  Taking away access to a good majority of simmers who work on a stable release wasn't encouraging to me.  However, some good folks here and on Facebook helped clarify the situation with this project, and the pending release of 11.50 stable provided the necessary context to understand what was going on.

That being said, the developer could save some grief and offer transparency on their sales page explaining the situation.  That can only raise confidence in the buyers, and guarantee sales now or down the road.  Every plane sold counts, and you guys need them all.

Thanks. 

Edited by Aleksandar
fair content correction
  • Downvote 1

In X-Plane 11.50, Laminar Research added GCU functionality (the keypad and knobs to control the G1000, as in the SR22). These commands only exist in X-Plane 11.50 so that is why we say X-Plane 11 only. (Note, the rest of the aircraft still functions in 11.41, it is only the GCU that doesn't work in 11.41). The aircraft works just fine in either Metal/Vulcan mode or OpenGL mode in X-Plane as well.

Nobody is under any obligation to purchase the SR22. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Coop said:

In X-Plane 11.50, Laminar Research added GCU functionality (the keypad and knobs to control the G1000, as in the SR22). These commands only exist in X-Plane 11.50 so that is why we say X-Plane 11 only. (Note, the rest of the aircraft still functions in 11.41, it is only the GCU that doesn't work in 11.41). The aircraft works just fine in either Metal/Vulcan mode or OpenGL mode in X-Plane as well.

Nobody is under any obligation to purchase the SR22. 

Thank you for clarifying the differences.  If that is the only major thing, and it works in 11.41, then why is it necessary to indicate on the sales page 11.50 beta only? Could have saved yourselves and your customers this extra aggravation by writing "11.50 beta only required for advanced features".  That's potential lost sales there for those that don't ask, or extra forum posts like this one that could have been avoided.

Edited by Aleksandar

1 hour ago, Coop said:

(Note, the rest of the aircraft still functions in 11.41, it is only the GCU that doesn't work in 11.41). The aircraft works just fine in either Metal/Vulcan mode or OpenGL mode in X-Plane as well.

10 minutes ago, Aleksandar said:

So if 11.41 IS indeed fine with this plane, I'll go buy right now.  Please confirm?

I think that's confirmation. I've seen lots of others at this point comment on flying it fine on 11.41. ;-)

9 minutes ago, Aleksandar said:

Yes, but with the GCS functions not working, does that mean we can't navigate and use the G1000 completely?

You can use it by popping it out (Click the Garmin screen) and clicking through the options.  I was using it on 11.41 without issues but I've moved over to 11.50 B16 now.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sdflyer said:

Life is not fair! LOL Nobody is forcing anyone to buy this product. All of us who bought didit  willingly and fairly! :)

Some good people on another forum helped fill in the context of why / when / how on the product and why it was released beta only.  Apparently, 11.50 full release isn't far around the corner now, and some of the technologies that take advantage of the improvements 11.50 brings could not be practically made for current version.  I can confidently go buy it now (and many others could have as well, if not having to ask).

Edited by Aleksandar
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1