xSaitekPanels Configuration for SR22

scotfleiger

8 hours ago, scotfleiger said:

Thanks for the suggestion. One option would be to use the Fuel Pump switch off position to toggle the fuel tank selector.

That could work and would reduce one more time you have to look down to flip a switch.

Just as a point of information, I'll be giving up the use of the Saitek switch panel sometime next week as the RealSimGear Cirrus switch panels will be arriving.

Best,

Mark

11 hours ago, lighttrail said:

The battery switch turns the batteries on but it does not turn them off when switched to the off position.

Thank you for the report. I have tested the xSaitekPanels.ini with both the SR22 and SR22TN. The Battery 1 & 2 switches are working correctly with the Switch Panel Master Battery switches - both ON and OFF. Ensure that the downloaded .ini is installed in the XP11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/SR22 Series/TorqueSim SR22 and /TorqueSum SR22TN directory.

Yes, I can confirm that the ini file is in both locations. I have done this with a number of my other airplanes. Everything else works, including turning on the batt switches, but for some reason it won't turn them off. I also don't have any other buttons assigned to those switches. Strange...but I guess it's no big deal.

Check that the hardware Batt Off position on panel is working. I have experienced some hardware reliability issues in the past. Try copying the 4 battery functions to an unused light switch in xsaitekpanels.ini. They are only the pre-defined arm/sr/cmd/ functions. 

Edited by scotfleiger

I've made minor updates so that the physical positions of the Panel switches drive their positions back into the simulator...  Except for the Parking Brake, couldn't figure that one out :wacko:

Note that you'll not be able to mouse-click on the switches to changer their position, only the physical switches move them.

xSaitekPanels---TorqueSim-SR22-1.1.zip

Edited by Pattism

3 hours ago, Pattism said:

I've made minor updates so that the physical positions of the Panel switches drive their positions back into the simulator...  Except for the Parking Brake, couldn't figure that one out :wacko:

Note that you'll not be able to mouse-click on the switches to changer their position, only the physical switches move them.

xSaitekPanels---TorqueSim-SR22-1.1.zip 12.58 kB · 0 downloads

If it helps, the parking brake lever dataref is afm/sr/f/misc/parking_brake (1 is engaged, 0 is released)

12 hours ago, Pattism said:

Thank you for your suggested changes. I have done a line-by-line comparison of your "1.1". 

I am not sure what you were trying to achieve. Most of the switches use the available _On/_Off commands (not visible to the user/developer) to operate the SR22 switches and hence their systems. You first tried to use the visible _Toggle commands before changing tack to adjusting the datarefs. While the datarefs change the system values they don't necessarily move the switches.

The Parking Brake was implemented in 1.0.0 and attached to the redundant Gear Lever (using sim/flight_controls/brakes_toggle_max). I will use @Coop suggestion of afm/sr/f/misc/parking_brake.

I don't intend to update the downloadable version to "1.1". I will look at the additional actions you suggest and issue an update 1.2 to avoid any confusion.

Edited by scotfleiger

23 hours ago, scotfleiger said:

Check that the hardware Batt Off position on panel is working. I have experienced some hardware reliability issues in the past. Try copying the 4 battery functions to an unused light switch in xsaitekpanels.ini. They are only the pre-defined arm/sr/cmd/ functions. 

Yes, the Batt Off position works. I use it with other aircrafts. I will try copying the functions to another switch and see what happens.

I got the problem fixed after comparing commands in this ini file to the xsaitekpanels.ini in \Resources\Plugins\Xsaitekpanels. I had to remove the "off" between switch_ and cmd and that fixed it. See the changes below.

;command for alt master switch off command
alt_master_switch_off_cmd = afm/sr/cmd/switches/alt1_Off <-- original command

bat_master_switch_cmd = afm/sr/cmd/switches/bat1_Off <-- replacement command

;command for alt master switch off command2
alt2_master_switch_off_cmd = afm/sr/cmd/switches/alt2_Off <-- original command

bat2_master_switch_cmd = afm/sr/cmd/switches/bat2_Off <-- replacement command

21 hours ago, Pattism said:

Looking forward to your next revision; and speaking of versions, look what I did yesterday...

Thank you for the screenshots. I love the overlay but I don't think have the facilities to do the same. I take onboard your Deice/Tks allocation to Fuel Pump and De-Ice switches. I have moved the left/right tank selection to the redundant Beacon switch. I will keep both BATs and ALTs ganged to the red switches. 

6 hours ago, scotfleiger said:

@Lighttrail thank you for the feedback. I may have introduced the issue by doing some incorrect tidying up of the xsaitekpanels.ini lines when I was editing. I did try your suggestions and I can not get consistent results. Can you check your change lines as you appear to mix ALT and BAT references?

The ALT error in the post was a typo / copy and paste error on my part. I did it in a hurry and didn't look it over before posting. It has the correct bat2 in the ini file. Below is the direct copy from the reference xsaitekpanels.ini. "Off" is not used in the commands for battery master switch off. This worked consistently for me. Thanks.

*** from reference xsaitekpanels.ini ***

;command for battery master switch on command
bat_master_switch_on_cmd = 

;command for battery master switch off command
bat_master_switch_cmd =

;command for battery master switch on command2
bat2_master_switch_on_cmd = 

;command for battery master switch off command2
bat2_master_switch_cmd =

*** end reference xsaitekpanels.ini ***

Based on valuable feedback I have uploaded v1.2.0 of the xsaitekpanels.ini to improve switch panel allocation and implementations.

The main changes to the Switch Panel allocation are:

• Fuel Pump - now turns the Ice Protect on and off.
  • Deice - now selects Ice Protect to normal and high.
  • Beacon - selects Left and Right fuel tank.
  • Taxi - operates the Ice light.

Full details are available in the included manuals.

NOTE - it is important that xSaitekPanels v2.75 plugin is used for correct operation of the Battery switch.

Edited by scotfleiger
  • Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/8/2020 at 9:23 AM, Pattism said:

Good morning all,
Looking forward to your next revision; and speaking of versions, look what I did yesterday...

20200808_085147.jpg

20200808_093123.jpg

20200808_093202.jpg

OMG that panel (labeling) looks SHARP !!!  What did you use to print them? Also are these labels or templates online?

WOW I'm really impressed!

Thank you !
I made them in PowerPoint, printed on paper and then "spray-canned" them with a clear-coat (mate finish).  Then used spray glue on back to make a "sticker" out of it.

I've attached a file with them...  Feel free to do with them as you choose.

For you entertaining pleasure, here is the simulator I built during the COVID lockdown...  LINK

6DOF - Labels.pptx

• Upvote 1

Holy Batman @Pattism! Make me one for my B-Day?! The second on always builds faster... ha

How does is fly? Realistic? Any YouTube videos of it in action? Great choice of planes...

Thanks for the templates. I was thinking of using my 3-D printer to print the template for the switch panel so it can be swapped depending on plane I'm flying. Your template helps.

Very impressive Mark!

Edited by Mixdiver

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I am currently working on adding to the xsaitekpanels.ini provided by @scotfleiger(thank you!) to match my Cirrus SR22 for practice. I have noticed some initial discrepancies and just wanted to touch base if anyone has since made some adjustments:

1) Flaps increment does not use float values so you can configure flaps 50 for take off

2) HDG, IAS & NAV seem to need to be remapped to data references

3) Autopilot buttons seem to incorrectly flash arming and press to hold to turn on AP on DFC is not correct should be a single button press. Lights on the Saitek panel should reflect what’s happening on DFC 90.

im completely new to simulators and this process I’ll try to make adjustments and share as I get more time but has anyone else made similar updates?

Thanks,

JKRu