Oxygen Switch not working

ShaneT

Look in the arm rest. The flow gauge is in there and has activation points. I fiddled with it so I must have turned it on and didn't realize it. I flew up to 21,000 last night and it went fine - so that has to be it. ;-)

(Also if you didn't know and while you're in there - click the headset plugin spot, you'll get some noise cancellation!)

Edited by qazme
  • Like 1

If you zoom it it's marked with "altitudes". (preset flow rates) Once you turn the switch on for oxygen when you rotate the left black dial you will see a white ball move to the altitude you are flying at. Check every 1500-2000 feet for matching altitudes in the flow meter with actual altitude past 12000 feet.

Marked adjustment altitude vary from 8000ft to 250. As seen in the sceenshot below I'm currently cruising at FL250.

SR22TN - 2020-07-26 21.45.35.png

Edited by qazme
  • Upvote 1

sigh... that's just it.  I turned on the oxygen switch(no lights on the switch panel btw). Then I go to this flow meter and use my mouse to scroll on the black part to the left and nothing happens....

I appreciate the help but, it shouldn't be this hard.

Edited by ShaneT

Sounds like you have an empty oxygen bottle. Go to maintenance tab in the aircraft panel. Click "Inspect Oxygen System" before your next flight. Once you do that you can verify if it did anything by checking your Xplane Directory/Output/SR22/logbook/TN_Oxygen System_<the date>.txt.

Inside that file you should see something like this:

TorqueSim SR22TN Maintenance Report

Inspected Oxygen System
ENGINE ENTRIES
SYSTEMS ENTRIES
Serviced oxygen system with 1,800 psi of aviator´s oxygen

This means you now have 1800 psi of Oxygen on board. If you turn on the button and no lights light up, check the "Engine" page in the Garmin and you will see an Oxygen PSI Gauge which will show you an actual lbs read out of what's available in the bottle. If both of those are zero turning up the air on the value will naturally not do anything. If you are seeing it's refilled and the gauge reads you have PSI you might have a bug to report. In that event I would attach a log file so the TS guys can give you a hand. Much more than this I'm not sure what to tell you.

SR22TN_-_2020-07-26_22_17_12.png

2 hours ago, sdflyer said:

Any of you guys have a luck refiling oxygen tank via load manager menu?

The tank will take a few minutes to fill after hitting the button. Since the tank is simulated, instantly refilling it could cause serious issues, so we slowly feed oxygen into the tank, as it would in real life as well. 

2 hours ago, sdflyer said:

Any of you guys have a luck refiling oxygen tank via load manager menu?

Yeah I have - I did not notice the simulation Coop talks about but did it after shutdown and didn't take back off for ~20 minutes while I flight planned and got everything setup for the next leg.

So do I have sit there and stare at it?  Or can I just quit x plane and come back in 20 mins?  just some feedback... That might be a bit too much realism :)

I can refuel in secs and I think this should be the same.  I don't see what is gained by sitting and waiting for a virtual oxygen fill up when the point is to get sim practice.

• Downvote 1

Update. It has been a little over 1 hour and it is almost full (started from zero).  For those that maybe wondering you have to have the sim up you can't quit x plane and come back.  I have been checking the status by turning on the avionics every 15 mins or so and then turning everything off (trying not to drain the battery).  I still haven't tried using it in flight yet but at least there's some progress.

image.thumb.png.9dd75538eeab49a2f4c4a97433ec7675.png

Edited by ShaneT

For what it's worth. The oxygen refill is instant with mine. After this was brought up yesterday I tried it last night after a long 4 hour high altitude flight. Once on the ground and shut down when I did the maintenance on the Oxygen system it instantly refilled. So I suppose this particular bug isn't affecting everyone.

• Like 1