x-aviation licensing no connection

grillbiller

well.. it might a old bug.. but it here again..

image.png.c0b5ea680c7aec4cd170db1d72157dbb.png

The popup come when naming my PC.

I cant tell if it do the latest xplane 11.50B16 update (the same was the issue with 14-15B)
Some of the solutions from other topic.. was "delete 2 files from x-plane11/x-aviation "
but it a fresh reinstall of all my 4 x-aviations plane and these 2 licens files is not there to find.. and there for i cant delete them

image.png.a2f91c91792afcc3694fdfc5a9881c40.png

i had try both version of Gizmo when asking doing the install of the IXEG.Log.txtGizmoLog.txt
My firewall was disabled doing the install and running the game. (And yes.. theres internet on the computer...)

i would really appreciate  a hint to do next  

7 minutes ago, grillbiller said:

Ill guess this facebook topic is about the same:

Nope, not the same.

7 minutes ago, grillbiller said:

i notis in the gizmo log file there was a 404 error...

404 means your license file isn't found on the computer. Normal when things are freshly installed.

What kind of internet you got?

• 2 weeks later...

well.. deffently not my computer/os that faulty.

i had try different setups today.

first, a Fresh install on another drive, Same results.

Another PC, gave same results.
Then i try again on my main PC, with the Debian 10 partition. (Knowing that the B737 not quite Linux compatible without fixing some first) and it gave same result. No Internet connection.

I dont dype that the gizmo not working... i think more like it the x-aviations licens server that faulty, 
i can see in this forum and the other .org forum theres lot of peoples having simmelar problems.

5 hours ago, grillbiller said:

i dont dype that the gizmo not working... i think more like it the x-aviations licens server that faulty, 
i can see in this forum and the other .org forum theres lot of peoples having simmelar problems.

Please provide links to all these supposed topics you speak of that state no internet connection. I'm pretty positive you're very wrong.

We process many hundreds of license activations DAILY. I can assure you it's nothing on our server.

5 hours ago, grillbiller said:

Then i try again on my main PC, with the Debian 10 partition. (Knowing that the B737 not quite Linux compatible without fixing some first) and it gave same result. No Internet connection.

This is not possible under Linux. Are you just making stuff up?

Cameron... Please... 
The part with Debian10 was actuley trying to load up the TBM900. The Gizmo panels with the licenses popup did not open.
It was a desperate hope to see any different error messages.

To round up this long post.
i had try install a fresh demo, both on my main pc, and a secondary pc. a fresh copy downloaded direct from xplane.com.
with and without the beta version. and without any 3th part plugins, fresh install only with the x-aviations softwares.

Every demo i did try to install a fresh download of the TBM900 and IXEG. every time i try to sign on, i get that "no connection" error messages.

to day i even took my wifes Macbook pro 2013.
downloaded the demo from xplane.com
And the IXEG mac version.
and it says the same error messages.
(See the attachment)
I had try unplug my Ethernet (Fiber 1000/1000 Connection) and try LTE via Wifi.
Please... what to try next?

Cessna_172SP - 2020-08-17 20.33.59.png

Macbook_Log.txt

Edited by grillbiller
was not finish....

57 minutes ago, grillbiller said:

Cameron... Please... 
The part with Debian10 was actuley trying to load up the TBM900. The Gizmo panels with the licenses popup did not open.
It was a desperate hope to see any different error messages.

I don't know why you're saying please as if to roll your eyes. You literally said the following with regards to Linux:

"...it gave same result. No Internet connection."

That error is not possible under Linux.

@Ben Russell will need to chime in here, but my understanding of the "no internet connection" message is related to a timeout of your connection or not being able to access a specific webpage. Considering you claim to be getting this on numerous machines you own, I can only deduce some form or firewall (perhaps on your router) playing a role.

• 2 months later...

Hi Ben and Cameron.

does this line with the red underline.. means, at in 2 days that licenses server would auto "Freeze" and then "reset" so i can logon and registre again?

now my problem now at been there for 2+month now.

(Here from af Fresh install of x-plane 10)

the licensing function says it all my x-aviations purchace.

even the TBM 900 i event not had been able to use ...  

latestupdate.thumb.jpg.bcf56ec8aa2aeabaa62cff4e26ee286d.jpg

4 hours ago, grillbiller said:

does this line with the red underline.. means, at in 2 days that licenses server would auto "Freeze" and then "reset" so i can logon and registre again?

No, it does not meant that at all.

You have had 63 machine ID activations since 2017. This is an insanely high number.

I do not know what your habits are on your computers or Windows OS, but something has happened since July till now on your machine where suddenly things don't work.

6 hours ago, Cameron said:

You have had 63 machine ID activations since 2017. This is an insanely high number.

Ahar... it "That's where the shoe pinches"

as i read from another topic about the same... it do to Windows 10 Insider program, as my main machine also is a part of.
Like: "Activation asked every time xplane starts/updates",  and there was also someone mention on ixeg facebook.

(Pictures in Danish)
and ill guess that maby  ~15 different machine from the last past month is trying signing on from different metode.
where ~3 of the is complete reinstall of my main pc.

I would be the worlds happiest man if you can open my machine again after it clarified now.

ill sing out windows insider from my main simulator pc'
and im glad that if i had helped clarified why some accounts had been torn out do to the "Windows Insider".
ill recommend you can mention it in the documentation, that Windows insider, can or will corse problems. .. it only to help.

insider.jpg.03cea930e00200f100c11c8d04128dab.jpg

Edited by grillbiller

I did not say anything about your Machine ID being blocked, or Windows Insider causing problems. I just said you had an unusually high number.

The issue remains that something on your machine is blocking this. Everything appears fine on our end, including the machine ID attempting to be registered. Your activation request is making it to our server. Your computer is blocking a response.

On 10/21/2020 at 7:35 PM, Cameron said:

Then maybe some kind of a firewall on a router in your WiFi or LAN network?

no... had try every possible connections ways...
without ISP routers.
without windows build in firewall.. (That was disable at first)

via 4g LTE usb and Wifi stick.

a Friends internetconnection.

VPN trough my works internet.
Had try with and without antivirus.

all leads to that "Error message"

• 2 months later...

well... This is the last update in this year...

I brought a new CPU.. went from a i7-8700 to a i9-9900k.. and clean reinstall windows... (Again)
First thing I installed was Xplane from scratch (Again)
downloaded Saab 340 from x-aviation.

cross my fingers and started up xplane with saab.
Type in my login... Gave a new Name.
Cross my fingers again... 
but sadley...

Well.. Happy new year, see ya next year then...

301202020.png

Edited by grillbiller

• 1 month later...

Alright @grillbiller,

I took another look at this since you posted after trying to activate today. I was able to then take your IP address from the post here, and cross-reference that with the server logs from today to see if your computer was receiving data from our server, or even sending it.

I was in a way able to reproduce this on my end by finding your computer's transmission with our activation server, analyzing what was happening, and seeing what was causing this.

Cross-referencing the code in the activation system at the line number it's having a problem at, the message "no internet connection" occurs when you receive 0 bytes from our server. The typical reason for this would be a firewall or internet timeout.

I believe I have fixed this for you, but I need to warn you that this issue was primarily caused by that Insider Program and the insane amount of activations you had since 2017. I do not suggest you stay in this program at all. You will almost assuredly run into this issue again, and I think it's saying something when you're the only customer who triggered this.

Please activate now and see how you go.

• 3 months later...

Hello and sorry for hijacking this thread, but i have very similar issue.

Today i've updated my 1908 of Windows 10 to latest 20H2.

After running XP i was welcomed by XA Gizmo saying "Machine ID does not match" and "License data invalid". XA Licensing window also automatically popped up, listing my XA products. Clicked "Update license now", entered my login and password, waited ... and got message about x-aviation:443 time-out (HTTPS port).

I have Windows Defender turned off and using ZoneAlarm. Couldn't find any clue in app list for access control. Also any other stuff in XP using internet connection works fine as before. Not sure for what app should i look in app access control on my firewall (didn't see Gizmo there). Also firewall log doesn't show any traffic being filtered on that matter.

This happened after updating my Windows. Worked fine before. Tried few times reboot in Gizmo with same result (not sure if such activity could result in my license(s) being blocked now).

Can provide more details if needed. My registration email is same as email in my profile.

Please help.

Thank you.

Log.txt

image.thumb.png.21a5a32e5ffac2a647b48588ff0654ec.png