SR22 Prime Switch does not work in VR.

riceman718

Here are my issues in VR as well.
I could not even start the Cirrus SR22, I'm not talking about the startup procedure, but the actions of starting up the plane in VR from cold and dark.

1. Plane loads and I'm in the engine block and have to manually set the view, I think others have mentioned this.
  2. Try to do mixture rich but instead of doing a forward motion with my hand I have to do it up and down, but when I try to lean the mixture instead of doing the up and down motion I have to do a backwards forwards motion
  3. Same with the throttle.
  4. I cannot even select a fuel tank as the selector goes crazy uncontrollably flipping left and right.
  5. I can't even start the engine as ignition keep flipping to the left when I hold it to the right.
  6. Also crashes on startup sometimes.

Don't want to hijack your issue but it would be interesting to see if you have experienced the same issues as me.

Urbanspecies
Edited by urbanspecies

34 minutes ago, urbanspecies said:

Here are my issues in VR as well.
I could not even start the Cirrus SR22, I'm not talking about the startup procedure, but the actions of starting up the plane in VR from cold and dark.

1. Plane loads and I'm in the engine block and have to manually set the view, I think others have mentioned this.
  2. Try to do mixture rich but instead of doing a forward motion with my hand I have to do it up and down, but when I try to lean the mixture instead of doing the up and down motion I have to do a backwards forwards motion
  4. I cannot even select a fuel tank as the selector goes crazy uncontrollably flipping left and right.
  5. I can't even start the engine as ignition keep flipping to the left when I hold it to the right.

Don't want to hijack your issue but it would be interesting to see if you have experienced the same issues as me.

Urbanspecies

Can you try these vrconfig files? It should be improved in many ways (not perfect yet) Let me know what it does/doesn't fix for you!

SR22TN_vrconfig.txt

SR22_vrconfig.txt

I agree with all of the above.  

I have the same issues.  On the Pilots position I used the flywithlua script Log pilot head position to set all seats VR position. 

I have experienced all of the others as well.  On the SR22 you have to prime it in 2d and select the fuel tanks too, since the VR button won't work.  I really dislike unnatural motions in VR, it breaks the immersion.  If i load, reload too many times the simulator crashes.  

24 minutes ago, Coop said:

Can you try these vrconfig files? It should be improved in many ways (not perfect yet) Let me know what it does/doesn't fix for you!

SR22TN_vrconfig.txt 3.39 kB · 2 downloads

SR22_vrconfig.txt 3.26 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you for the updated files.  The key controls and the fuel selector switch are excellent now.  The prime switch still does not work in VR.  The throttle and mixture levers should use the Y axis instead of a Z axis.   It feels better to move the throttle forward and backwards instead of up and down.   

Yes, thanks for the files.

Fuels Selector is good now
Pilot position is also correct

1. Plane loads and I'm in the engine block and have to manually set the view, I think others have mentioned this. RESOLVED
  4. I cannot even select a fuel tank as the selector goes crazy uncontrollably flipping left and right. RESOLVED
  7. Hand break should also be forward to back motion.

Coop Is there a bug fix forum for Cirrus SR22 so that users can see  issues that have already been reported?

49 minutes ago, urbanspecies said:

Yes, thanks for the files.

Fuels Selector is good now
Pilot position is also correct

1. Plane loads and I'm in the engine block and have to manually set the view, I think others have mentioned this. RESOLVED
  4. I cannot even select a fuel tank as the selector goes crazy uncontrollably flipping left and right. RESOLVED
  7. Hand break should also be forward to back motion.

Coop Is there a bug fix forum for Cirrus SR22 so that users can see  issues that have already been reported?

We just started this page: https://torquesim.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/topic/a7a12d04-db0f-4347-9a15-b232956f57b1/article/421724195 and we will try to keep it up to date as we receive bug reports. Besides that, this forum is the main bug reporting forum. We will be working on the rest of the manipulators to get them working ideally in VR!

Coop, any news on the Key startup.ability yet. Seems that this shouldn't be too hard of a fix for VR controllers. Without being able to use the key start in AH2 VR mode the plane doesn't seem to work in AH2.Guess it doesn't like flipping between 2D & 3D. I haven't noticed any other info on the new site so I posted here.

27 minutes ago, Pivot said:

Coop, any news on the Key startup.ability yet. Seems that this shouldn't be too hard of a fix for VR controllers. Without being able to use the key start in AH2 VR mode the plane doesn't seem to work in AH2.Guess it doesn't like flipping between 2D & 3D. I haven't noticed any other info on the new site so I posted here.

Can you try these VR config files out? This should hopefully address the starter issue. These just replace the files with the same name in X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/SR22 Series ...

Thanks!

SR22_vrconfig.txt SR22TN_vrconfig.txt

55 minutes ago, Coop said:

Can you try these VR config files out? This should hopefully address the starter issue. These just replace the files with the same name in X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/SR22 Series ...

Thanks!

SR22_vrconfig.txt 3.28 kB · 0 downloads SR22TN_vrconfig.txt 3.4 kB · 0 downloads

Bingo Coop, that did the trick. Let all know that cures the starter (key switch) issues. Fires right up and holds in place where needed. Thank you guy, greatly appreciate you all's response to these VR issues. I know we are kind of the minority here but you all come through flying high..

Edited by Pivot
Confirmation of VR Config Edit
  • Like 1