Initial Impressions and some feedback

GridiroN

Hey TorqueSim, 

Followed you guys for quite some time. This is my first product from you guys and overall it's quite impressive, though I do have some constructive criticism for you guys and hopefully you'll be able to address some of it for 1.01, or 1.02. 

Over-all, I think it's a lovely plane. It flies beautifully. Visually it's also stunning and getting 2 models in 1 package is of course amazing. 

However, I've noticed some issues: 

• The key-chain levitates. Small animation bug. 
  • None of the knobs are animated. On an GA aircraft at this price point, it's absolutely necessary that the 3D cockpit is animated. Some of the knobs on the G1000 you can get away with because they're indistinct, but the CRS and ALT SEL knob should be animated. 
  • The sounds are really good but have some quirks. For eg. the baro knob sounds like's a weathervane from a 1920 farmhouse. Has a weird rickity creek to it. Some of the sound samples cut off when they should trail off...for example if I close the door, the sound of the engine immediately changes as if the door is closed before the door physically is closed. If possible, this should gradually get softer. And the sound of the flaps actuating immediately ends when the flap is done actuating; there is no trail off. Even if the flaps do sound like this in real life, a small trail-off would help it not *sound* wrong, even if it isn't wrong. 
  • The fuel pump(s) also appear to have no sound at all? Not sure if this is realistic or not.
  • The Glass reflection option appears not to be remembered between aircraft reloads
Edited by GridiroN

Thanks for the report!

Regarding keychain, we are fixing that.

Regarding knobs, vents, etc. animations; these will be added in 1.0.1, the fundamentals are in the system but it appears the integration didn't make it into 1.0.0, this will be addressed.

Regarding sounds, we will be addressing these quirks.

Regarding glass reflection persist, bug logged, I'll make sure it gets wired properly into the persistence system

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coop said:

Thanks for the report!

Regarding knobs, vents, etc. animations; these will be added in 1.0.1, the fundamentals are in the system but it appears the integration didn't make it into 1.0.0, this will be addressed.

Regarding glass reflection persist, bug logged, I'll make sure it gets wired properly into the persistence system

Cool stuff man. You guys really made your mark in XP11 for sure with this project. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Coop said:

Thanks for the report!

Oh, and one more issue that as a Canadian is unacceptable :lol: : Making a Canadian registry in the registry editor appears to be impossible as it will not accept a "-". You can make American registries "N123NA" but you cannot make Other nations "C-XXXX" <- impossible. "D-XXXX" <- impossible. 

Edited by GridiroN

Just now, GridiroN said:

Oh, and one more issue that as a Canadian is unacceptable :lol: : Making a Canadian registry in the registry editor appears to be impossible as it will not accept a "-". You can make American registries "N123NA" but you cannot make Other nations "C-XXXX" <- impossible. "D-XXX" <- impossible. 

This appears to be an obscure unicode bug with the keyboard handler, we are looking into it; the "-" key on the number pad should work just fine.

Just now, GridiroN said:

I have a 87% keyboard :'(. Lol, it's all good. I'm sure you'll fix it later. 

You can edit the liveryConfig.cfg file in the livery of your choosing until we get the bug fixed. Just make sure to save the file, then open up the SR22 menu and the tail # field will be populated with what was in the tailNum value of the file.