VR pilot position is inside the engine

180comanche

When using this plane in VR. the pilots view point is inside the engine. I can move the camera manually back the pilot seat, but its certainly not the ideal way. I hope this gets fixed in an update, till them it will remain grounded for me.  Looks great though! amazing modeling work!

Rob

Here are the coordinates that I use (in the vrconfig file)

X= -0.267
Y= 0.660
Z= -0.013

Hope these help. They seem to be a good eye height (although I have never sat in a real Cirrus) so I don't know how high the glare shield would be compared to your eye height.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JC_YYZ said:

Here are the coordinates that I use (in the vrconfig file)

X= -0.267
Y= 0.660
Z= -0.013

Hope these help. They seem to be a good eye height (although I have never sat in a real Cirrus) so I don't know how high the glare shield would be compared to your eye height.

Wow, the default values weren't even close. I wasn't sure what I was looking at. The VR Tools couldn't even back up far eneough.

3 hours ago, Attitude said:

I'm investing in a VR headset this week so this doesn't happen again. Sorry we missed this. We will make sure all VR related issues are ironed out asap. 

Xplane has a cmd line flag to start up in simulated vr mode... Might help without needing actual hardware. (mines in a box, used very rarely) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Attitude said:

I'm investing in a VR headset this week so this doesn't happen again. Sorry we missed this. We will make sure all VR related issues are ironed out asap. 

Not a problem. It seems that more people are trying out VR, and a lot of developers are giving it some real attention (IXEG, X-Crafts). I must say, other than the starting position your plane performs quite well in VR. 

I have a few picky issues - but nothing that prevents me from flying. Great work!

• Upvote 1