X-Plane 11.50 beta (13+) breaks TBM-900

Lensman6

7 minutes ago, oldflyguy said:

Yes, the flight model(s) in MSFS is the only thing that's "far from being polished" in MSFS said no one ever.  What's the point of that statement?  MSFS is new, streams ortho (very convenient) and does a nice sky.  Not actual weather, just a nice sky picture.  Purchased the super deluxe or whatever and am looking forward to see where it goes.  Right now it's just a promising public early access beta that will probably require a lengthy period of patches and fixes.   

I got a notification that I was quoted.  Just an FYI, you're quoting my post, but the statement you quoted was typed by Marius_B.

Gentlemen,

@Goran_M @oldflyguy

I said this and I assume my words! I enjoy both the simulators, the X-Plane is a mature sim, with very good flight dynamics and planes, I am very happy with the TBM 900, it is very realistic, I flown around the world in the TBM these months! I burned a few airframes, some because of me, some because of the beta versions of the X-Plane.... But, nevertheless, the TBM is an amazing plane! I reported a few issues to Goran a few months ago, I just asked if the patch is coming.... 

The new Flight Simulator has very nice graphics, nobody can deny this but, as we all can agree, there is still work in progress! The TBM in FS2020 is nowhere near the X-Plane TBM of Goran and the team (no VNAV, the autopilot is weird at times, if I pause the sim for a few minutes, I cannot use the autopilot anymore, it gets crazy and a few more)!

In any case we are lucky to have 2 flight simulators, both extremely good! I think that the Prepar3D is the actual victim of the FS2020, it will probably remain only for the other uses, more technical.....

I respect Goran's opinion that he will continue with the X-Plane, as he said, Austin has a few aces in his sleeve and I will be very happy if, at some point, they will make us happy with a similar TBM in the FS2020!

So @oldflyguy this was the point of my statement! By your ID I would say that we are not kids, to make comments like this....:) We are entitled to have opinions and respect each other!

I am really sorry to see that I upset you, I enjoy flying and I enjoy both simulators!

Edited by Marius_B

On 9/8/2020 at 12:09 PM, Marius_B said:

I am really sorry to see that I upset you, I enjoy flying and I enjoy both simulators

Yes, having re-read my post I can see how I came off as upset.  Actually, I agree with your take on MSFS and don't know what I was thinking when I made that response so let me apologize for that lapse.  Please chalk this up to the difficulty I sometimes have with digital conversations...:D

• Like 1