BN-2 Islander Nav stack issue (XPlane 11)

staib

I'd love some help getting the autopilot etc to work properly again. I seem to have lost all 'lighting' as the lower part of the Nav stack display remains black at all times. Plane has been working fine for the last month or so, but I noticed this about 4 days ago. The autopilot works in the sense that it tracks a heading bug, but never "lights up".

20200719_134351.png

I also had this issue today when trying to do a flight. Thought it might be the Gizmo beta. Got to the point where any time I loaded the BN-2, X-Plane would shut down and return me to the desktop. I since removed the plane and then re-installed and re-installed the latest Gizmo but using the stable version. Sadly, X-Plane still shuts down when I load the BN-2. I have not tried the SAAB 340 to see if the same issue happens there.

I am also using the B15 beta. Not sure why each new beta fix breaks something else. Lotsa fun!

The 1.1.1 patch is not the fix for the 11.50b15 bugs, those are regressions on the side of Laminar and will be fixed by an X-Plane update. 

Looking at the log, right around the time the sim shut down, this message was printed: [Line 1248] "XCD Scenery Technology AeroDesigns KCMH: Out of range, stopping" 

I'm not sure if that is the cause of the issue, but it seems very suspect. 

Actually, that was the wrong log.txt file. I had already removed the BN-2 and was running a test to see if the SAAB 340 was going to do the same thing (it worked fine). Anyhow, I re-installed the BN-2B and ran it again, getting the same X-Plane crash. That log,txt file is attached. I did not see anything amiss when I searched the file for references to the BN-2 so I have to agree that it must be another issue with LM's Beta 15. So, I'll just refrain from using the Islander until the next beta and see if things have improved. 

The KCMH issue has been going on for some time. Not sure why. That is the Columbus Glenn airport. I may just remove it.

Thanks for responding and recommendations.

Log.txt

Problem solved. Looking at the last log.txt file I noted the Reality GTN/GNS was loading when it gave up the ghost. I removed two files connected to that plug-in, restarted X-Plane, loaded the BN-2, and no problem. I think I had corrupted the file(s) earlier when I was trying to get the A/P and Transponder to light up.

Just to be clear, my problem has NOT yet been solved. I have not seen any crashes loading the Islander; only the missing lighting on that lower stack.

My understanding from Coop's last post is that this should be fixed, by X-Plane, fairly soon...

9 hours ago, staib said:

Just to be clear, my problem has NOT yet been solved. I have not seen any crashes loading the Islander; only the missing lighting on that lower stack.

My understanding from Coop's last post is that this should be fixed, by X-Plane, fairly soon...

Beta 16 was just pushed from LR, please let me know if fixes (or doesn't fix) the issue.