Skymaxx pro + RWC + ASXP

Kiwi0ne

Hi all,

I am going crazy with those three programs in subject. SkymaxxPpro and RWC never give the exact weather as stated in ASXP.  Everything is set as it should be in SkyMaxx Pro (using FSGRW/ASXP) and I using the latest versions of all three.

Here's a comparison along with the FPS needed to run SMP.  

1 screen shot is SMP running along ASXP

2 screenshot is ASXP with default Xplane clouds. (correct representation, weather was horrible as per METAR)

I have tried uninstalling SMP and RWC and nothing changes. 

I am really out of ideas beside uninstalling it completely and just running with the default clouds. 

Would really appreciate some help. 

Annotation 2020-07-18 182548.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-18 183337.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-18 183420.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-18 182825.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-08 195150.jpg

Hello, thank you for your response.

i take your point that that file hasn’t been updated since the 23 of June but then how is it possible that without RWC+SMP enabled , X-Plane depicts the correct weather that ASXP is injecting? 
I don’t think that installing a program can be that difficult otherwise it would just not work all together. 

10 hours ago, wilkur said:

Please have a look in ASXP at 'Wx Control'. There after the last update 'Custom Weather' is set by default. I also wondered why the weather was not updated.

ASXP is correctly setup to display live weather. 

Edited by Kiwi0ne

Please just read through the manuals for RWC and for ASXP and double check everything. Your weather file isn't getting updated and that can only mean something is misconfigured. METAR.rwx isn't used with every possible configuration for X-Plane and RWC so it is entirely possible you would see different weather under different settings, but METAR.rwx is used for connecting ASXP with RWC when things are set up properly.

Edited by sundog

@Kiwi0ne I'm sure you are using the latest version of ASXP.  There is a fix for the METAR.rwx file not updating.  Go to This PC/users/*you*/app data/roaming//HiFi/AS_XPL/weather.  In that folder you will find a "lastdownloadedWX" file.  Delete it.  Then restart XP and ASXP.  It should work.  This happens on occasion and ASXP sometime back suggested this to sort things out.  It does work.  I did try to locate you on the ASXP forums but could not.  X-Aviation guys - hope you don't mind this response...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

hello all. Sorry it has been a while! 

With your help, I actually found what the problem was.  You guys made me think of plugins! And in fact the problem was a specific plugin: X-Therm.  It generates thermals, downloaded over at the xplane forums. 

Disabled that and now there is no need to force reload or switch to never or automatic and back. 

So, thank you all!