"Prevented cockpit controls from being manipulated through the IXEG pop-out menues."

Tim013

7 hours ago, Tim013 said:

I can still manipulate all the knobs with the mouse wheel, but not dragging, on the MCP through the popout menus.

I hide the menus as an option, and use the "/" key to pop them out. 

Which ixeg gui element are you trying to interact with using the scroll wheel? 

Afaik none of them support it.

This is likely a "won't fix" issue. 

9 hours ago, Tim013 said:

I can still manipulate all the knobs with the mouse wheel, but not dragging, on the MCP through the popout menus.

I hide the menus as an option, and use the "/" key to pop them out. 

I have this, too.

As Ben said -  it is not imparing the desired result, because if you have the menu open and try to "click" the options (or slide the sliders) you are not going to use the mouse-wheel.

The only ill effect could be if you try to zoom in while over the gui window and inadvertently change a value of a manipulator behind the window...

Thanks for pointing this out, Tim,

Cheers, Jan

@Litjan Yup for sure, the sliders work without interfering.  What actually happened was I accidentally bumped the mouse wheel, and accidentally turned the heading bug, while in heading mode.  Then realized that you could zoom through the menus as well.

The "bug fix" description made it sound like all manipulators where blocked behind a menu.  It wasn't specific.  I thought I'd post it just in case.

As a side note, I've been trying mightily to break the FMC code with some known "tough" routings, and re-routings.  So far, I've only  seen some very minor things, that could easily be cleaned up.  So, I'm thinking the 733 is going to get a provisional airworthiness certificate for online flying from me very soon.  LOL.

2 hours ago, Tim013 said:

So far, I've only  seen some very minor things, that could easily be cleaned up

That is very encouraging to hear! I see the same thing, sometimes the results on the LEGs page are a bit different than what one would expect, but I can always clean them up without problems. This is mostly due to us having to make some fairly dogmatic coding decisions ("when changing the STAR, ALWAYS....") which may lead to an odd situation where that dogma just doesn´t fit quite right. But trying to code for every possible permutation will lead to overflowing complexity and errror levels rise.

When changing routings while flying in LNAV it always pays to review the modified route and prune/close up everything before clicking that EXECute button...just like in the real aircraft :).

Cheers, Jan