Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic v1.32 Update Released!

Cameron

Hi Iain,

this explained it. The PLAN line "overwrites" the measure fuel quantity for planning purpose. Imagine you sit at the gate and wonder if you can make an altitude restriction on the SID or how much fuel you would have when you arrive at the destination... you put in your ZFW, but the fuel truck did not refuel the aircraft, so the GW calculated by the FMS  (ZFW + measured fuel quantity) is not what you will actually have when you take off (too light).

Another use for this field is entering the actual fuel value when the fuel summation unit messes up and the measured fuel quantity in the FMS is wrong. It would lead to all sorts of wrong calculations, so you can overwrite (hardlock) the value here.

So you can enter this PLAN FUEL and this will effectively overwrite your "measured fuel". Until you eraze it.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, you are running librain, that is not compatible with X-Plane 11.50 I think... plus many other plugins that could cause all sorts of problems, too. Add on top of that any scenery that one can possibly download, all crammed into a beta version of X-Plane. Your log is full of reports of stuff going wrong and not working... Something is gotta give at some point.

I suggest a thorough housecleaning of your X-Plane installation (imagine two big containers in front of the house and a crew in full-body white suits and breathing gear)... and then we can start guessing what the cause might be :lol:

Cheers, Jan

Thanks for your answerJan but just ignore my message. I missed the update of IVAO client Altitude. It seems that this is the issue (curious, because I could fly another aircraft without problem...).

By the way, I switched from Mac to PC a month ago (yes, I could dot it after 40 years of Apple computers !), and my install is quite fresh... Moreover, I purchased X-Organiser to keep some order in my scenery packages. As you see, there is still some cleaning to do... But the holidays are coming soon, isnt'it ? ;)

Cheers, Daniel.

Edit : no, it's not Altitude, XP and B737.300 crashed again this morning without any connection to IVAO... Will go on my investigations.

Edited by danhenri

@danhenri, as Jan said, Librain is not compatible with XP11.50 yet. The best ways to avoid triggering the use of Librain are (IMHO):

- Removing the plugin (don't forget the plugin folders of the various aircraft);

- Disable real weather in XP or disable real weather plugins so it doesn't rain or snow, which in turn won't trigger Librain :D (this is my workaround for the moment)

Alternatively, you could install a clean and new XP11 beta version without any plugins and try the plane in that installation. But my first bet would be that you're using real weather, which imported precipitation and triggered Librain.

Edited by Dozo

Thank you for your answers. I removed librain plugin, but it seems that Altitude is the culprit, even when x-plane is disconnected to IVAO (another guy has reported the same bug elsewhere). I reverted back to XIvap and all seems to be in order again. In flight now to LOWI, hope x-plane will not crash on the mountains !

Running v1.32 with the Gizmo beta version (the first one without an end date set). I have some feedback about the FMC I'd like to share and run by other people to verify:

- When programming the FMC and clicking on a button, sometimes there's the clicking sound without input registration. This means that audible feedback is that a button has been pressed, while in fact it wasn't registered. It might be psychological, but I think this behaviour was different in v1.31.
- The FMC's CLR button doesn't make a sound when it is pushed. (E.g. no audible feedback).
- At the very beginning of a new flight, I adjust the fuel quantity for new flights in the Preflight menu. Sometimes (more often than not) the new quantity is not registered. What I do to fix this is starting a new flight in XP from another ramp, then it works. Repeatedly setting the new amount of fuel works in the end sometimes as well.

I've just updated the aircraft a few days ago and gave it a shot on VATSIM from EDDH to EDDM - still on CRZ at the moment and until now everything was fine - but after turning DCT SODRO the plane keeps having a bank angle of 2.5 degree to the left but flies completely straight. Fuel amount in both wings is the same - the dashed white line on the ND indicating the turn radius also shows a slight curve to the left but still - the aircraft flies completely straight. Wind coming directly from my 6 o'clock position so also nothing to do with that.. I'm a bit confused? https://i.ibb.co/P1svY9F/B733-2020-08-05-20-27-39.png
https://ibb.co/1RYtnd7

Edited by Damn_dorian

Make sure your controls are centred and calibrated, you can also put the control outputs as data refs on the screen. Also make sure aileron and rudder trim are neutral. Best way is to assign a key to centre them to be sure. 

Edited by Iain

Yeah, this looks like a the rudder is deflected - either by (inadvertant) trim inuput or by bad calibration.

Another possibility would be thrust not being equal, but I can´t see if that is the case (and it shouldn´t be with the autothrottle on).

Viele Grüße, Jan

Thank's you both for your swift response - incredible... that's what I call company support in the skies ;-) 

Due to flying on vatsim I can't look into the control settings right now, but it isn't the rudder trim --> neutral 

Would be quite strange if it was the rudder pedals either, because I had no trouble using them as tiller on ground - but how knows. Will check after arrival in Munich and report accordingly! Thanks again. 

Grüße zurück, von ebenfalls Jan :-) 

26 minutes ago, Damn_dorian said:

Due to flying on vatsim I can't look into the control settings right now,

You can output the flight-control deflections value during the flight - if you bump up the upper side of the screen, select the Data output tab and then click the appropriate field (flight control, trim). The small green numbers will tell you if your rudder is deflected - and if it is, you can correct that with the rudder trim.

We do that all the time in the real aircraft, no plane is ever rigged perfectly. Even the Airbus I fly now does that sometimes - it trims the rudder automatically but sometimes (nobody really knows why) it trims a little bit off to one side and then flies with one wing low to compensate. Airbus says that is "acceptable"...well, what do they know about airplanes? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Litjan said:

You can output the flight-control deflections value during the flight - if you bump up the upper side of the screen, select the Data output tab and then click the appropriate field (flight control, trim). The small green numbers will tell you if your rudder is deflected - and if it is, you can correct that with the rudder trim.

We do that all the time in the real aircraft, no plane is ever rigged perfectly. Even the Airbus I fly now does that sometimes - it trims the rudder automatically but sometimes (nobody really knows why) it trims a little bit off to one side and then flies with one wing low to compensate. Airbus says that is "acceptable"...well, what do they know about airplanes? :lol:

Haha now it is a feature not a bug - I mean not a bug anyhow, as I've figured out for some reason the rudder was indeed off-centered. Quite odd, on the ground I did not recognize anything neither did I on the previous flight. 

But was such a enjoyable flight :-) thanks for this lovely bird, Jan!

• Like 1

Good to hear.  I have this problem too, my rudder is a small thumb joystick on my CH Throttle, the spring is a bit weak and it sits slightly left of center and I need to ease it right during cruise. Or I should leave it left and pretend I'm in an Airbus?

apologies if this is not the right section but i ve been browsing the entire website and i couldnt find an updated support section for the IXEG 737.

I have updated to v 1.32 but it keeps crashing X-Plane 11.41 after a few minutes, without clicking necessarily on something but connected to Vatsim with X-pilot and being on APU power. I have used previous versions of this plane for years and this was a very stable plane. I'm attaching the Log and I hope somebody can help. Many thanks. 

Log.txt

6 minutes ago, alexdm said:

apologies if this is not the right section but i ve been browsing the entire website and i couldnt find an updated support section for the IXEG 737.

I have updated to v 1.32 but it keeps crashing X-Plane 11.41 after a few minutes, without clicking necessarily on something but connected to Vatsim with X-pilot and being on APU power. I have used previous versions of this plane for years and this was a very stable plane. I'm attaching the Log and I hope somebody can help. Many thanks. 

Log.txt 111.66 kB · 0 downloads

Try using the Gizmo beta option.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic