Sound Issue

cantab88

Hello everyone,

First, I would just like to say that I absolutely love this plane, and was delighted to hear of the latest update.

Downloaded update, and installed the Gizmo Beta. The 737 is so smooth and a pleasure to fly, but...

A sound issue, (which also occurred before this update) which does not seem to have been resolved, even though I have done my due diligence and looked for solutions on the various forums. While others have had similar issues, I have yet to read of one who experiences the following:

1. If I load the plane in turnaround mode, the aircon is on - the moment I hear that sound, I know that I will never be able to escape it. Go to external view, the loud aircon is there (much louder than the engines), go to cabin view, the aircon is there. Change prefs to Cold and Dark, change flight and 737 loads dark, but the aircon is still there.

2. Yesterday, a new scenario presented itself. Had no sound issues setting the plane up until the point I was ready for pushback, put on my beacon and the airbridge started to retract, (SAM enabled airport) The airbridge retracts with the caution alarm, as soon as the ringing starts, it doesn't end, no matter what I do. 36,000ft and 100kms away from the airport, the infernal ringing. Cant escape it, like above, I will change flight, cold and dark and the ringing will persist. So, it would seem the problem is not just related to the sounds made by the IXEG 737, but other plugin sounds? Has anyone else experienced this? Since, this is the only plane that does this, I am reluctant to uninstall SAM, et al until I have a better grasp on what might be causing this.

Any help would be appreciated, since I love this bird.

Cheers

Alex

Hi Alex,

this does "sound" weird! It seems that your computer does not stop to play a (some) sounds, I have never heard of that before. However - I would still ask you to apply the "standard troubleshooting protocol" found here:

...especially the part about (temporarily) removing all other plugins. Since your bug is so reproducible, this should give you quick results and I would like to hear what you find out.

Cheers, Jan

Point 1 is the same issue I have.

I still have this issue, when loading in turn around, go to external, I have a really loud air hissing sound that stays the same volume regardless of camera position.  I just reselect turn around again it the sounds behave normally.  I think this only happens with the aircraft is first loaded.  I could try and record it to show how it behaves.

The hiss sound is the right pack sound which is enabled by default in turnaround mode since v1.3.

It seems that the IXEG sound engine loads sometimes one file louder than standard.
Prior v1.3 the apu sound was louder than standard.

You can easily cure this by switiching off/ on the right pack.

That’s not the problem I have. I have the hiss sound, extremely loud. Then change cam to free roam and move the camera to the other end of the runway or further, 10km away and I still have the hiss sound, same volume, regardless of camera location. Load turn around again and then the hiss sound goes away and is only present when very close to the aircraft. 

Edited by Iain

Yeah, I know that the sounds are not always playing nicely when in external view...but I don´t think we will overhaul the sound engine (which would be needed to fix these quirks) before we do the port to FMOD. Lots of bigger and stinkier fish to fry,  sorry!

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

It’s an easy fix, and I only get it on first loading of the aircraft so no worries.

Hmm, ok - may be an initialization thing...maybe its a five-minute fix, I can always slip these on Tom´s list if he doesn´t watch. Just gotta be careful, last time I did this we ended up with 3 weeks of rewriting the FMS procedure loader! :lol:

• Like 1