FPS drop to Zero - cycle every couple of secs

Scottybs

Hi,

Just updated to the latest Gizmo and have attempted to conduct a flight.  I have tried using the garbage collector and it makes no difference.

In the flight deck I am getting +60fps with my setup but every 3-5 secs it drops to zero then climbs back again up to 60 then drops again.

The acft is currently unflyable for me as it is.  To be honest in my experience over time with the B733 Gizmo either takes 15-30% of the Fps away or causes these intermittent freeze like stutters.

I see some people have the same issues and I see some people have no issues.  Quite a disappointment at the moment.

Scott

Hi Scott,

sorry that you are disappointed.

I am not aware that "some people have the same issues", I hope they can come forward as this be something endemic than that we can attempt to fix. So far you are the only one to experience those kind of performance drops.

Depending on your sytems it is perfectly normal for Gizmo to "cost" you a bit of performance. We are doing calculations to simulate the 737´s systems and interface that with X-Plane, you certainly don´t assume that those calculations are not putting a load on your hardware?

Ben is right, we need to see your log.txt to take a guess.

In the meantime, this applies (as I am certain that you have a conflicting plugin causing you this)

Cheers, Jan

Thanks for the log!

First off one can say that your CPU is not the beefiest one - so I would not expect stellar performance in X-Plane to begin with - I like to run my performance tests at TXKF (Bermuda islands) as there is little in terms of scenery to tax my system.

For the intermittent FPS drops I would recommend (just to troubleshoot) to remove (physically, not only disable in plugin manager) all other plugins, especially librain, webfmc, xPilot, TerrainRadar and fly with lua.

Let us know how that works out?

Cheers, Jan

Edit: It could also be that some other background process interferes with running X-Plane resource-wise. Make sure that you are not running something else on your computer that could need heavy processing power?

Edited by Litjan

Hi,

thanks for the feedback - I will run through those and see how I go.   As I said with other add ons my system runs fine, Zibo, Tolis FF etc.. the only one where this issue presents is with the IXEG.  If you google IXEG stutters it is quite easy to find other reports - why people don’t come onto the forums I don’t know.

I guess the other issue is having to remove conflicting plugins that a) don’t cause problems with other aircraft and b) are needed like xpilot.

I will do some investigations- I appreciate the support.

Scott

Hi Scott,

no problem, we will see if we can get this fixed. If your other aircraft are running fine - then this is already a good indication that its not some genuine background system problem.

The "old stable" gizmo did have a certain "heartbeat" like slowdown in framerate at a periodic timing, it could be influenced somewhat with the lua garbage collector settings...but even that old version never really dropped framerate into the single digits.

The newer beta version has been running really good for almost everyone, but again, everyones mileage may vary. Let me know what you find out after following the troubleshooting steps (plugins, running at TXKF or some other remote airport) and then we will go from there :-)

Cheers, Jan

Does it look like this

Exactly my problem, 75fps to 5fps to 75fps.   Never seen anything like this, but only happening at EGNS payware airport.  Really strange.  Any other aircraft is fine, or take the IXEG to any other airport and it's fine!

Edited by Iain

2 hours ago, Scottybs said:

Hi Iain,

no mine is much sharper drop and rebound - if you are panning around in the cockpit it just has a momentary freeze then continues not like your sort of slow quick slow.

Scott

Have you tried different locations, I only have this problem at one addon airport, EGNS