Conflict with Boundless EGNS, FPS pulsing.

Iain

Ah, ok...yeah, that would be interesting to know if it changes this. I saw your thread in the scenery forum...we are pretty busy with getting 1.32 out of the door, but once that is done - if we don´t have a solution by then - I will get that scenery and try here.

Cheers, Jan

Put it on your to do list and get to it when you can.  I can avoid it for the future no problem.

Would be good to know though as it could pop up again for a larger number of users and be more problematic to fix.

I think it's time to switch to Vulcan, good reason to do it.  Might manage this evening, if not then tomorrow.

Cheers

Ok, just switched to Beta, had to update my Nvidia drivers, ran it, and it's exactly the same problem.  Pulsing with turn around, ok with cold and dark.  Game looks much crisper, better colours and contrast and smoother.  But doesn't resolve the problem.  

I'm just updated 20 mins ago and it's build 13.

I'm sure your busy with 1.32, so concentrate on that I will try some things to see if I can get closer to solving this.

Cheers

Hi Ian,

try this: Turn off the WXR system switch (above the weather radar tilt knob on the center pedestal).

I believe that Ben Russel had the right idea. We "poll" the elevation data of the mesh for, well, elevation data. We use it to drive our terrain display and also the ground returns of the weather radar if tilted too low.

Now it seems (have to verify) that the mesh included with ENGS is extremely detailed...this makes the polling of the data so tedious, that the computer slows down every few seconds when we update our elevation map.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

Ok, some testing done.

Problem can be switched on and off by toggling the WX on off toggle switch, so your theory is dead on Ben/Jan...you deserve a cold Paulaner!

I also tested the Zibo (sorry I mention that here!) and it has the same problem, but only when you switch on the TERR function to the left of the MCP.  And it's always off by default so never showed on my tests.

JF Hawk, it also has a problem, not the same, but a a very sharp drop in frames like a massive stutter, but it happens at any location, so I think that's a Hawk/Vulcan issue.

Well done lads, again, a one of the reasons I love this aircraft is the customer support!

I'm happy to fly with the WX off for ENGX, I guess Boundless would have to lower there detail of the mesh etc maybe they would consider that.

• Like 1

Glad its "working" for you as well.

The airport looks really nice - but just the fact that a small airport like that is 1.2 GB in size... speaks bounds.

I am sure the dev meant well, and maybe he can throttle back on the mesh for his next airport (or even update this one).

Thanks for confirming the fix,

Jan